How much would you pay for a 2nd hand DVD with free postage (postage not included in the dvd cost)

imfi91
Community Member

I'll elaborate, if it were a second hand dvd that's being put up for auction what starting bid price would you pay it at? and if the 2nd hand dvd were at a buy it now price how much would you be willing it pay?

I'm only talking about individual dvds, no bulk dvds and with free postage (postage not included in the dvd cost)

Your feedback would really help massively. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

I think it depends on the movie.

More recent ones perhaps go for 5-15 and earlier ones 3-5.

Blu-rays command a better price.

But I will say, if I am looking for a particular dvd, I don't want to wait until auction ends.

Most of the time I look for the cheapest BIN, check the seller's feedback, location and any warning signs the product may not be up to standard.

BTW, this is the eBay answer centre by volunteer members.

If you want more feedback re your querie, better to post this on the discussion boards under selling.

Of course it depends on a number of factors. Is the movie in high demand, how badly you wanted it and how much are you willing to part for it. Most importantly you should also check the DVD Region code on the DVD.  Region 4 is Aust. Alternatively you could buy a region free player.  Happy viewing.

You could also look up that DVD under "completed listings" and see what they sold for using "advanced search"  Bear in mind condition factors in heavily with price.

Also, I would doubt if you are making any profit at all with your listings when you take in postage, Paypal and eBay fees on your sales, in fact you may well be losing money on the sales.