Post items FIRST - get your money LATER??

dcee54
Community Member

I am an ordinary EBAY buyer & casual seller with 100% positive feedback rating. On 6/2/17 I sold an item for $25 & the buyer paid via PAYPAL. Then I found EBAY has put a hold on the payment. I contacted EBay and spoke to a male Supervisor who said EBAY could put a hold on my money & not release it even if I wait till 26/2/17 because I had not sold 25 items in 12 months. This is a new policy but EBAY’s website DOES NOT STATE 25 items must be sold in ONE YEAR. I then spoke to a female Supervisor and stated I wished to make a complaint. She said NO-ONE can over-ride the automated system to release my funds but that if I wait till 26/2/17 my payment will be released.

I have since been told in writing by EBAY that IF I post the item BEFORE receiving payment AND IF the buyer gives me positive feedback after delivery WITHIN 3 days of posting, THEN EBAY will release my payment to me. So that would also depend on AUS POST delivery time.

This policy is supposed to provide “greater safety and satisfaction for the buyer” but I don’t see how it could.

As it is standard business practice for a seller not to post an item until receipt of cleared payment, I have not yet posted the item and I’ve written to the buyer to explain why her item has been delayed. The buyer has replied agreeing to wait and says EBAY is being unfair.

I believe EBAY’s policy is punitive & discriminates against members who only seek to sell a few items per year. What do other casual sellers and buyers think?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)