Do eBay charge GST

Hi, I have looked everywhere on the Invoice but can not find if eBay charge gst on the Store Fee. I realise fvf will not be subject to gst but is the store fee $49.95 subject to it. Finally getting around to doing my BAS, all be it a little late cheers for any help

View Entire Topic

GST (Goods And Services Tax) is charged on virtually everything in Australia, but at eBay the rules are slightly different. Individual sales by non-professionals are considered to be GST-free for the seller, so if you’re just getting rid of the unwanted birthday present, it’s not a problem.
However, if your income from eBay is above the threshold for GST registration — currently $75,000 — then you do need to consider GST. This doesn’t mean that you can charge buyers an extra 10%: it means that you have to set aside 1/11th of the final sale price for auction items and consider that as GST owed to the Tax Office. eBay has an FAQ on GST which goes through all this in great detail. If you’re operating a business, you’re likely to be registered for GST in any case, since you can claim any GST charged on business expenses as offsets against GST you owe

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2008/10/how_ebay_australia_handles_tax/