Help Needed: Activity on your account isn’t following policy: Third-party fulfilment policy

Hello Ebay community,

I continue to received emails regarding a failure to follow Third-Party fulfilment policy and I am at a loss as to why. This has resulted in my listings being hidden for 3 days which is, obviously, less than ideal.

All of my listings/sales/postage is all handled by me, which I explained to ebay support however they were no help in explaining the situation apart from copy and pasting the email repetitively, and that the ebay system doesn't make mistakes.

Any help is appreciated regarding this matter.

A few notes about my store.

- All stock is purchased by me and is at my house before selling.

- All postage is via Australia Post with tracking provided on every order.

- I have no pending complaints or issues regarding my sales.

- As you can see from my feedback I've been doing a decent job.

- I am not a drop shipping store.

Here is a copy of the email that was provided to me.

Again any help is appreciated.

Activity on your account didn't follow our Third-party fulfilment policy. Third-party fulfilment must not be confusing or misleading to buyers and must protect buyer’s personal data.

What activity didn't follow the policy

More specific details are provided below.

What you need to do next

Please ensure your current and future listings follow this policy.

What is the policy

Sellers can use third-party fulfilment on eBay when:
-The seller is clearly identified on all packing slips and invoices as the seller of the item, and 
-The seller ensures the safe fulfilment of the item within the terms stated in their listing, and
-The seller ensures that their third-party provider is subject to a contractual condition which prevents them from using or sharing any eBay order information (including the names and contact details of buyers) for any purpose other than the fulfilment of the specific eBay order which the seller engaged them to fulfil.

Third-party fulfilment isn’t allowed when:
- The seller purchases an item they have listed on eBay from another online retailer or marketplace who sends it directly to the buyer, or
- The origin of a purchase is misleading or confusing for the buyer (for example the packaging used makes it appear that the item was purchased from another retailer or marketplace instead of eBay), or
-The buyer’s personal data is used for any purpose other than the fulfilment of that specific eBay order.

How this affects your account

Because you haven't followed this policy in the past:

- A temporary 3-day selling restriction has been placed on your account (starting on the date of this notice), and your other listings will be hidden from search during this period.  Listings will automatically be restored and show up in search results after the end of the temporary restriction.
- All fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account. 

Not following this policy in the future will result in similar actions, including a 7-day restriction on your account and potentially a lower seller performance level.

Why we have this policy

This policy helps to maintain the customer experience for both buyers and sellers, as well as to protect our customers' data from being used for purposes other than fulfilment.

More information and help
View Entire Topic

Hello all,

I have managed to rectify my issue.

After contacting Ebay support again and asking for a manager to assist me, they were able to point me in the correct direction to solving it. This involved asking a few questions regarding my account about how stock is handled, if I had ever drop shipped during the life of my store and if I could provide invoices of any / all stock that I was selling. 

After providing this information it was then sent up the chain to a resolution team who then took a few days to respond with a positive resolution.

While they were unable to tell me exactly what triggered it did end with a positive note and the removal of both the restriction and previous warning.

I hope this helps anyone who stumbles across this issue