Reserve price

chilliroseflowers
Community Member

Im trying to list an item to sell and need to know how to fill in a reserve price on an auction. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

oh dear, I hope if as I said you only get 1 bid you'll be happy to let it go for $800?

and as someone else just said DO NOT USE EXPRESS for that, it will need to be sent REGISTERED AND INSURED... for the value of the ebay invoice.

o'wise you may end up with no ring and no $$

express post has NO insurance, and NO paypal seller protection...

and C.O.D. .. an Australia Post service, is expensive and means you dont get your money until AFTER you send the ring to the winning buyer.... a dangerous form of payment i.m.o.

Hoepfully you realise that a Buy It Now price is not a reserve, and as soon as the first bid is placed the Buy It Now will disappear. In effect your starting price is the only reserve you can have.

Please DO NOT send that item by express post, only registered with FULL insurance.

You will have no cover if it is lost or buyer claims it has not arrived.

Also beware of scammers, items like this are prime targets.

eBay australia does NOT have reserve prices on general auctions.

the only categories on eBay australia that have reserves are Cars/Boats/Caravans and Real Estate.

you need to start your auction at a price you are happy to get if it sells for just one bid.

hope that answers yr question.

if you do have a Car etc. for sale, .. then... yes you can reserve it and the box is directly below the opening price $ box