When will ebay put an immediate stop to the epidemic of non paying buyers?

Is there anything I can do to prevent or minimise buyers who don't pay for their ebay purchases other than to block them for future transactions? Even that doesn't do much good when the buyer creates another throwaway ebay account for their next purchase.

I see it everywhere on ebay lately, the amount of non paying buyers has reached epidemic proportions and I'd like to know what ebay are doing (if anything) about it? Wouldn't it be great if ebay took the responsibility to look after the sellers better than currently, after all, sellers are at the mercy of buyers at the moment.

I personally have had 5 out of the last 10 items not paid for, that equates to a 50% failure rate through ebay. The things I am selling are only a hobby at this stage, however ebay's neglect towards sellers doesn't really inspire people to take ebay seriously. I for one am excited about selling on ebay seriously, and am open to advice from other members on how to set up a successful store that runs smoothly.

Why doesn't ebay enforce the sale when a buyer commits to making the purchase? Isn't it common sense to debit the credit card or take the purchase amount from the buyer's bank account? Doesn't ebay take their own company seriously? I thought once the buy it now button is clicked, it becomes a legal sale and the purchaser is committed. Does the ACCC have any say in this?

I have emailed ebay about non paying buyers (through another account) and the reply was like a pre-typed message, almost as if a machine replied to me. What is this all about?

Sorry folks but the amount of non paying buyers is starting to get a bit frustrating, any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for your time in reading this 🙂

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)