no postage address on invoice

Hi everyone,

Why if someone pays me by bank deposit, I mark the order as payment received, I then have no way of knowing the postage address? It doesn't appear on the packing slip nor can I purchase a postage label, I have to contact the customer for their address which seems very unprofessional. Any ideas?

cheers wade

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

If the buyer pays you directly by bank deposit, it can only be an off-eBay transaction.

Otherwise the payment will go through eBay Managed Payments and you would have no idea of how the buyer paid. And eBay would provide you with the buyer's address.

So, no, there is no solution as you are using (apparently) eBay as an advertising platform without paying the fees that the rest of us cop.

I will expand my comment and include more information that may help and show I may know what I am talking about.

I work from a business address and buyers will select local pickup and occasionally they may not be able to make it but once selected they cannot change the order from local pickup. They will then ask if I can post but as local pickup has been selected I don't have their delivery address.

Years ago you would get everything in the sale email but nowdays it is blank as you have found out. So I have found that I can download the address into my mypost business account and then create the label there. The only downside it appears the tracking info does not got to the sale details in ebay likely as postage was not the option selected in checkout.  I have not checked to see if it can be added in ebay but as my issue is with local pickup not how it was paid you likely have the option. Plus you can likely add it if a dispute is opened.

Hopefully this helps and if you don't have a mypost business account they are free from Aust Post website and easily linked to ebay. 

Geez I liked my short response but whatever I have to appease the regular's.

If you use mypost business you may be able to download it to there and I think it shows the address.