10% off voucher

I have a few item on ebay at the moment.  Can some explain, when an ebay 10% discount is used by a buyer to pay for an item, do I forfeit the 10% myself or does ebay refund the 10% to me after the items is paid for by the buyer at the discounted price.  Thanks. 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

10% off voucher

You get the full amount paid to you immediately when the buyer pays. If your item is $100 and the buyer has a 10% voucher, you will receive the full $100 when the buyer pays. What the buyer sees on their end is, they paid $90 from their PayPal account and eBay paid the other $10. As a seller, I don't think you can see when I buyer uses a voucher (someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

10% off voucher

You get the full amount paid to you immediately when the buyer pays. If your item is $100 and the buyer has a 10% voucher, you will receive the full $100 when the buyer pays. What the buyer sees on their end is, they paid $90 from their PayPal account and eBay paid the other $10. As a seller, I don't think you can see when I buyer uses a voucher (someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

10% off voucher

I hope that's the case.

As a frequent shopper, I HeartHeartHeart the 10% voucher, but at the same time I feel like I'm ripping off the seller.

I was uncertain about how much the seller gets - that's why I came looking for this question.

But if the seller still receives the FULL (pre-discount) amount, I don't feel so guilty anymore.

Thanks *tippy*toes*. 🙂

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

10% off voucher

tippy is quite correct.  Sellers don't know when their buyers have used a voucher and they receive the full price.  I know I've had buyers use vouchers because they've told me, but I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

10% off voucher

I've had someone mention they have a voucher and for me to make the total a specific price (including postage - as some vouchers don't cover postage.)

Just checked the transaction and can confirm that I received the full amount on both eBay and PP minus fees.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

10% off voucher

thanks for asking 🙂

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

10% off voucher

Thank you so much! I've been searching all over eBay for the "CAUS10" voucher info but cannot find it anywhere. A customer has just purchased one of my items and wanted to know where his discount went... I hope you're correct and his Paypal account shows it isn't the full $290 because otherwise that's $29 I'm out of pocket... for an item I've already put on sale! Fingers crossed 🙂

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

10% off voucher

As I mentioned back in January, you get the full amount. There is nothing on your account to say a voucher was used for the purchase. It only shows up for the buyer, they get the discount. If your items are already on sale, you'll get the full amount of the sale price that you've listed the item for.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply