20% off SELECTED retailers

Can someone eloborate on this promotion.

Is eBay taking a hit (due to re-imbursing retailers) in regards to any sales that fall under this promotion '20% off selected retailers'?

Or is this a paid marketing strategy implemented by big box retailers without eBay taking a financial hit by covering part of the sale?

It's hard enough to compete on a fair playing field as is, but if a 20% advantage is 'handed' to some of your competition that sells identical products, then there is something unjust going on.

I am frustrated that eBay isn't including every store in this promotion (atleast those that share the same catergories). 

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Incorrect, on the 20% we fund the bulk of that percentage ourselves.
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Read my previous post....for the purposes of the OP's question the discounts are paid for by ebay.....the seller still gets paid the full amount of the invoice.

In the end I have no doubt that the seller pays it from their fees but they do not just get 80% of the invoice total in the payment for the item.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

We don't ? News to me
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Are you saying that the stores that are in the 20% discount promotion advertised by ebay are NOT being paid the full invoice amount but are instead only getting 80% of the amount?

That is news to me and I am sure to many others.   I have used the discount code for several items that I have picked up in the store and my invoice shows that the seller has received the full amount, not the discounted amount that I have paid.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply