Add Item Specifics so that more buyers can find your listing.

What's the go with that statement that's on every listing form? I'm pretty sure that Item Specifics aren't searchable - so how are they supposed to help more buyers find your listing?

I know I'm not the brightest crayon in the box so what am I missing?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Some item specifics are actually searchable - they have to be default ones from eBay, but you'll find that in a category like clothing, brand name, material, colour and for some things length and sleeve style, is all searchable whether they're in the title or not. 

Adding your own specifics may or may not help in searches - they're definitely not searchable and can't be refined from the left-hand menu like default specifics, but I add a few in on most listings anyway so that the basic information is right at the top. I find adding my brand name to the specifics helped if people ran a google search for it, as well. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Adding your own specifics may or may not help in searches - they're definitely not searchable 

Just to clarify - the exact keywords of item specifics you add yourself aren't searchable the same way as title keywords and many default specifics, but it's possible that it might get a boost in rankings if the specifics are more relevant to a search keyword. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

This gives you the full rundown in eBay's "words".

Selecting item specifics:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/item_specifics.html

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply