Advice on item broken in Post

Hi, could I have some advice please. I sent an item well packed but it arrived broken. It is a customer I have dealt with before so I believe that, and I said I was sorry but could they show it to their local post office as if they damaged it there may be $50 compensation. I was not sure what happens as never had anything damaged before in the post. All the threads re this seem to be a few years old. Anyway they emailed back to say sorry they threw it away. I would have $70 to refund, but am so disappointed to get no choice of auspost even seeing it. What would others do in this case please. Thanks    

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Reply something like this....

In order to process a refund we require you to open an Item Not as Described case.

This puts the ball back into their court.

Then if they open the claim you then accept it and require it to be returned at your expense.

If they have truly thrown it away they will be unable to return it and therefore unable to qualify for a refund.

If they do retun an empty package with tracking just to get their refund make sure you open it in front of an independent and credible witness who would be prepared to sign a stat dec for you.

My guess is that if you go this way they wont bother to go ahead with the case if they are trying to pull a swifty.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you everyone for your valuable advice. It is so nice to know there are so many willing and able to help out straight away and it is much appreciated. Thank you so much everyone, and I will wait and see what happens next. Will let you know the result

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Personally I wouldn't believe them, and I would refuse to help without proof of damage.  I back up totally what others have said here.  It's the oldest trick in the book.  It is also the oldest trick in the book to gain your confidence before scamming you.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply