All negative feedback removed

comcol
Community Member

Wondering if anyone else has come across this.

Where a 'protected seller' (think we know what that means these days) has ALL negative feedbacks removed regularly.
I won't name the seller as I will probably be banned for saying it but there is one that has had literally hundreds of negatives removed from their feedback.

Since last night more than 20 'disappeared' to keep them, as always at 100% feedback.

I actually had Ebay say in one phone call when I queried this several months ago that they were 'automatically' removed. Whatever that is supposed to mean.

Has anyone else noticed this sort of thing in their line of business 

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

comcol - can't be sure - but I think that happens after 12 monts, all negs go. Also, surely it would depend what the negs were for. Maybe seller proved the claims otherwise - so they were removed.

And, what do you care anyway, or would anyone care or even look at them - they don't count for any demerits someone was saying. Only something called defects (whatever that is) counts these days.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Not sure if this is the case here but negs and neuts only remain for 12 months within the calculations.

image host
Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Sorry mate but you have just bit your own tongue lol,read the t & c's lol,they get removed every 12 months just like eBay told you

so that's what it means.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

x3n0m
Community Member

... "Since last night more than 20 'disappeared' to keep them, as always at 100% feedback." ..

As if that line doesn't clarify exactly what you came here to discuss .. I too have "witnessed" (in recent times) negative feedback removal for selected "protected sellers" in progress .. it is not your imagination and you have communicated very clearly so there can be no mistake about what you saying ..

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Sorry mate but you need to reread the t&c's again or even better still read the Feedback Policies and Help sections because thats were you will find the correct answer.  Just to help you try looking under

"Should I leave neutral or negative Feedback for a seller?" were you will find

"Feedback comments become a permanent part of a seller's record."

However in terms of Feedback Score

"The Feedback Percentage is calculated based on the total number of Positive and Negative Feedback ratings for transactions that ended in the last 12 months."

so while your negatives are not included on your Score after 12 months the negatives are still on your record.  They are not removed after 12 months.  If you have a negative you will still be able to find it after 12 months (looked up one from Dec 2015 just to check).

As for Feedback removal

see http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/feedback/revision-request.html#submit
"How do I know if I'm eligible to submit a Feedback revision request?"
"You can submit 5 Feedback revision requests for every 1,000 Feedback you've received in the past 12 consecutive months. High-volume sellers (who earn more than 1,000 Feedback per year) can send more requests."

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

3 posters said the same as I did so what made you choose me as a scap goat mate?

The % rate from the negatives get removed ie if you had 98% then after 12 months you will have 100%.

And who the hell is going to look back through 12 months of feedback just to find 1 negative and then go **bleep** I'm not buying from this seller as they have a hidden negative feedback please mate get a life

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

SCAPE GOAT LOL

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

3 posters said the same as I did so what made you choose me as a scap goat mate?

I am fairly sure anyone who would like to bring this back on topic and has something sensible to contribute to this serious topic will be welcome to join in .. my take on this is that some of these forum boards are here for a real purpose .. hope that helps you get your head around it ..

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

comcol
Community Member

A closer inspection of my original question may have answered several of the responses posted.

I shall clarify:

Negatives left THIS month ALL disappeared over night. As did those from within 6 months.

It has happened to the same account hundreds of times. It is not a matter of the 12 month removal of negatives.

They are not feedbacks which have been changed. They are literally gone. The negatives are not rude, vulgar etc. The ones I've ever read simply say item not as described or unhappy with service etc. Along those lines.

Would think this is a very serious issue and hurting a lot of other business on Ebay who provide good service etc.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply