Anyone having CONSTANT problems uploading pics from photbucket ?

Hi,

Nearly every listing I have uploaded the last 2 or 3 days has always claimed there is a problem with the galler photo [which I self host from photobucket, using Direct Link]. 

I have to go in & revise each listing up to 3 times to get the gallery photo to appear in searches.

I remove the link & re-insert it, then preview, but unless I select the ENLARGE option it will stays as a blacked out photo square.

Any one else suffering this time consuming hassle ??????

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I use Photobucket, but only for images in the description and upload directly to eBay for the gallery (mostly to cover my bases lol, if the eBay images are glitchy, I still have the description images as backup and vice versa). 

Are you using the beta site? The normal site has been experiencing problems on and off for a while, I still prefer it as the beta site doesn't have the features I need the most as yet, but if you're using the old site, it might make a difference and be easier than having to revise etc. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

as d-g says, it is always preferable to upload direct to eBay for the gallery pic. a good backup.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Hey d-g, each time I log in it appears to be the old site, with the option to check out the beta site...which I had already opted out of.

On the Crazy AIR Mail letter i ended up using ebays gallery pic, but last time i tried to use ebay for the 12 images it wouldn't work ... so just another hassle [among hundres with computers & internet providers lol...can we sue for stress ....????]

I didn't have any problems with the listing this morning, one  thing I did differently was inserted the direct link via the Change Photo Hosting, instead of using the url links area above Description [when the Description box in turbo lister is closed].

Wether that has helped or what I don't know, but I am about to do another listing so will find out I guess.

Since PB changed their editing tools { a few months back now}  I haven't been able to access the editing section...so I edit all my pics on my computer.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I don't use Turbo Lister (except for downloading current listings as a back-up, pretty much), so I can't be too much help there. I think the most I've ever had uploaded to the gallery is 8 images, and haven't experienced too many problems with the SYI form on eBay, except sometimes one or two uploads will fail. (I opted out of the beta site, too - can't understand why they made it so that you have to click several times and go through more than one page load to get one direct URL for one image, when with the old one I could have them all displayed on the one page and copy with one click :O). 

Just a handy hint for those who also use the online SYI form to list, when the images are playing up you sometimes have to do that gallery pic fix if they're not being displayed in search results etc, or the gallery image box won't stay ticked..

Move the images around. At the bottom of the images are back and forward arrows. I often have to re-order images anyway after uploading, but even if not I've gotten into the habit of moving one image left then right. I don't know why, but for some strange reason it sets the images properly in the gallery and prevents the little green camera or two polaroid images from showing in search results and/or in store, so saves a whole bunch of time when the gallery pics are glitchy. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply