Anyone know if there are labels you can buy for printing out the ebay generated postage labels ?

Am starting to use the ebay generated postage labels feature seems easy enough but surely there must be a postage label size that we can stick into a standard label printer rather than just using the A4 paper and then having to cut it out and stick over entire parcel with tape.. There's gotta be a better way?

I have a Dymo Labelwriter 450 Duo but the labels are too small to print the address and bar code..

I've tried setting up the printer to A5 but it doesn't work.. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Anyone know if there are labels you can buy for printing out the ebay generated postage labels ?

If you are using the ebay labels why not use the ebay satchels too, they have a clear plastic pocket to insert the label into so you don't have to stick anything.

You don't have to waste a whole sheet of paper for eacjh label, I print one then cut the sheet in half and use the bottom half to print the next label.

The odd time I have run out of ebay satchels and still used the labels I just tape them on top and bottom with wide selotape and all have worked fine.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I bought clear plastic sleeves, which are adhesive (i.e. like those "invoice enclosed" pouches, but just clear ones) - the ones I bought are just the right size for the labels, though you do have to cut the label right down to just showing the info, as they won't fit if you leave a border around them. It was a little more worth it last year, as they still had the 10% rebate on <500gm assessed parcels, but I use the sleeves for other labeling as well. 

You can also resize them if you want to, your browser should have a setting to reduce the print size by a percentage - just be aware that everything you print will be reduced unless you change the setting back. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

The problem I have found with resizing is that sometimes the barcode won't scan and they have to enter the info using the keyboard which takes rather a lot of time if you have a few parcels. Of course it may be just my printer that is causing the problem, like me it is getting a bit old and decrepit.Woman Wink

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

The scanners at the PO sometimes have a little difficulty scanning even the full size ones if I use the lowest print quality setting, but I haven't had a problem yet with the normal quality setting (on AP labels, anyway - if I print out a bill to be able to pay at the post office, I have to use the highest quality setting to get a scan-able barcode). 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

phorumjunkie?

A few q's

I don't use the ebay satchels as they cost money and are not padded so don't protect my items.

How do you use the bottom half of the paper of A4 after cutting lable off? When I tried this I feed half an A4 into my printer it feeds into middle of page and the ebay label is half missing?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply