Aus Post Tracking labels

Hi,

I just wanted to know if these items listed on eBay are real and will actually work when tracking items?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100-X-Tracking-Labels-Australia-Post-pickup-or-post-EBAY-SALES-POSTAGE-/2...

They seem too good to be true. I can't find any information on the Aus Post website

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Aus Post Tracking labels

cq_tech
Community Member

They're genuine but are for use by businesses only who send their own parcels in bulk, and normally cost (I think) $150 for a roll of 100. They cannot be used for letters, only parcels, and as all parcels have tracking anyway, using them kind of defeats the purpose. I also have to wonder why they're being sold so cheaply, and suspect they may have been stolen from somebody's place of employment.

Somebody recently sent me a large letter with one attached so I enquired at the PO about them, as I'd never seen them before either, and thought they'd be perfect for me as most of my stuff is sent via large letter, but I was told that they can't be used for that purpose, so you might as well save your money.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Aus Post Tracking labels

I could be worng, but I think they are now redundant as all parcels now have tracking built in without having to pay extra.  It states you can use them for letters, but that's not right, as I recently asked about adding tracking to letters and was told the only way to track a letter is to add registration.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Aus Post Tracking labels

cq_tech
Community Member

They're genuine but are for use by businesses only who send their own parcels in bulk, and normally cost (I think) $150 for a roll of 100. They cannot be used for letters, only parcels, and as all parcels have tracking anyway, using them kind of defeats the purpose. I also have to wonder why they're being sold so cheaply, and suspect they may have been stolen from somebody's place of employment.

Somebody recently sent me a large letter with one attached so I enquired at the PO about them, as I'd never seen them before either, and thought they'd be perfect for me as most of my stuff is sent via large letter, but I was told that they can't be used for that purpose, so you might as well save your money.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Aus Post Tracking labels

cezm
Community Member

I had a number of old prepaid satchels that I bought before the auto tracking came in.

The post office gave me a box of 50 tracking labels, like those pictured, to use. I just pop one on my prepaid satchel and lodge it over the counter. I'm not sure if my PO was being nice just giving them to me or you can normally get them free at the PO.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Aus Post Tracking labels

That's the same with me.  I was given a box of 50 to use on parcels.  Or you can just take your parcel into the PO and they'll stick one on without any extra charge.  However, if you pop your parcel in the postal box there is no guarrantee your parcel will be tracked until it is delivered. 

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Aus Post Tracking labels

I bought them  from ebay long time ago and sometimes my local PO give me a full box for free, i used it with large letter, This labels have been sold a lot on ebay about 2 years ago but for some reasons, ebay have taken all of the listings down as AP not allowed to use this anymore.....

But as i have bought a lot of them, I keep using them as its a lot cheaper than actual registered label, sometimes if i just put it in red street box, it not get scan until delivered, sometimes even it have been delivered, they still not scan them at all.

I am lucky as I have the very nice staffs at local PO, if i lodged with them, they always scan them for me...so i can use that as proof of posted.... I keep using them until.....ONE DAY... the manager of that PO came out to help staff at the counter, he seen this and tell me to stop using it as it is not allowed anymore and he refused to scan..... so I stopped to lodge at the counter since then, BUT  i still use them and just put in red street box.... and then...........I got the waring letter from AP about using this..... someone must reported it when they seen it..........

Now, i ended up buying the actual registered label which cost more expensive but .... what can we do..... those one is not allowed anymore......

So, its up to you to take the risk using it.... but you never know when you will get caugth ..... Thanks goodness i only received the waring letter, not the fine.....(((; Lucky me !!!

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Aus Post Tracking labels

koakun
Community Member

I went to local post office and get a box of this label free

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Aus Post Tracking labels

I very much doubt it was the label in question, given it is over a year since this thread was relevant.

As stated previously in this thread - all parcels have tracking and letters, unless registered, don't.

Unless you are talking about the new International post labels, which is an entirely different subject, AND has current threads.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Aus Post Tracking labels

Hi, my local PO gave me mine also 🙂

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Aus Post Tracking labels

I think you can still use them but your right, all parcels come with tracking now which is printed on your reciept.  My local Aust post branch gave them to me for free. after all, they are only for trcaking, not postage.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply