Auspost International Stamp Denominations?

ecutalk
Community Member

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows what stamp denominations are available for international post? (these are different from local post as they dont include GST... if you use local stamps you need to at 10% more than specified amount). The auspost website is pretty useless.

Peter

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I've never heard about that before. They usually put a printed out sticker on things that I send overseas and charge cost price.

TCT
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

the Philatelic Branch at your GPO should be able to tell you

I know that they do some lower denominations, I have .30c and 05c at home right now that I used to 'makeup' from the xmas values to current mail prices.

I dont think they actually print a list of available values

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

$2.45 for a large letter .. stamp.

Anything over that is usually a print out label.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

I am looking at my current Stamp Bulletin and with a couple of new stamp issues they only have the International Post version/denomination of $2.60 (which according to the post guide is the rate for a 'rest of the world' letter up to 60g)

In April there was an issue of Bush Babies stamps (International Post) in the denominations of $1.70, $1.75, $2.60, $4.65 and $6.45

The current International Post rates are shown in the guide here, it doesn't show denominations available though so there might be some mixing and matching involved!

http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/MS160-International-Post-easyguide-apr2013.pdf

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

In Sept 2012 they did a Road Trip Australia issue which included International Post stamps in $1.65 and $2.35 and Wilderness Australia International Post stamps in $1.65, $2.35 and $4.50

July 2012 London 2012 Olympic Games $1.60 and $2.35 International Post

That is all I have time for tonight. If you scroll through the following page, picking out the stamps that have the blue International Post symbol on them you should be able to figure out the denominations available

http://shop.auspost.com.au/collectables/stamps-issues

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

ecutalk
Community Member

thanks! $4.65/$6.45 are the rates (asiapac/rest of world) for 50-250g letters so thats perfect... was just wondering whether they were standard values (e.g. common letter rates) or id have to come up with some weird combinations.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

In the past I have used International Postage Prepaid Envelopes, the C5 one allowed up to 125grams and 20mm thickness. I think it actually worked out more economical than using my own mailers and buying stamps seperately. But I bought them as 10 packs rather than singly.

Not sure if they are still available, the guide I linked to only shows DL and C4 sizes. Still for me I prefer NOT to use pretty stamps for a couple of reasons.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member
C4 (324 x 229mm)

up to 250 grams/20 mm thick =  $7.90 singly or  about $7.50 in a ten pack

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

$0.05
$0.25
$0.50
$1.00
$1.10
$1.25
$1.30
$1.35
$1.45
$1.50
$1.60
$1.65
$1.95
$2.05 

$2.10
$2.20
$2.35
$2.40
$2.50
$2.70
$2.90
$3.70
$4.00
$4.20
$4.30
$4.50
$4.70
$20.00 

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/stamps-and-mail.html

sadly chezzy they have discontinued the C5 international prepaid envelope, which is a pity because it was very useful to me.  

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply