Aust Post website says 2 to 6 business days to deliver but ebay say

my customer will get in on or before Friday so only 2 days.

Customer purchase late last night  so can't post until today Wednesday but it has to be there on or before Friday by normal letter post.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Just looking at two orders that are on my list right now. We are located in Caboolture just to the north of Brisbane

One order is to Cobar in outback NSW, the other is to Everton Hills, a suburb of Brisbane.

The ebay estimated delivery dates for both orders are the same date, Wed 17th Feb.

Well... the Cobar one gives a date range of 17th to 19th. The Everton Hills one just says on 17th.

How could this possibly be right?

By our experience Everton Hills will very likely arrive next business day as most Brisbane suburban orders do.

But Cobar is likely to be 10-days or more. Likely past 19th Feb even if we mail today, which we will by the way.

We use large letter and have our handling time set at 3-days and do not use the priority stickers.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

Where do I find View Order Details I can't see that one anywhere.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

in My Sold Listings / Sales Record where I get their address ect from and click on CHECKOUT it took me to ORDER DETAILS and it says Estimated delivery Monday, Feb 15, 2016, which is the same info I was seeing elsewhere.
Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:
We pushed our handling time out to three days. Yes we lost the little badge in doing so but cannot notice any sudden downturn in sales by doing this. But it does give us some breathing space on delivery estimates as we continue to mail same day anyway.

Do you find you loose incentive to actually post immediately, or just leave it until next time you are posting. ie ultimately it is slower for buyer.

I used to take pride in getting a late sale in the post the same day , now its why bother it can wait until tommorrow so my butts covered.

I'm finding the whole thing more effort for less pride in doing a good job.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

@clarry100 wrote:
We pushed our handling time out to three days. Yes we lost the little badge in doing so but cannot notice any sudden downturn in sales by doing this. But it does give us some breathing space on delivery estimates as we continue to mail same day anyway.

Do you find you loose incentive to actually post immediately, or just leave it until next time you are posting. ie ultimately it is slower for buyer.

I used to take pride in getting a late sale in the post the same day , now its why bother it can wait until tommorrow so my butts covered.

My handling time is 5 days, but I still aim to post same or next day (work permitting). I don't lose incentive because even with an extended handling time, buyers still ding your stars if you don't get it out quickly. I had a few 1 and 2 star postage defects removed on request last year because I posted 2 days after payment. EBay agreed that I posted well within my handling time and also agreed that the buyers received their items before my handling time was even up!

If you've always posted same or next day, there's no reason to change that. The longer handling time just fattens out the estimate. Even posting to the next town (which is overnight postage), if they paid on the 1st, their estimate would still be the 7th.

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

@clarry100 wrote:

After reading the forum about postage times I knocked my handling time up to 3 days. I still post either the same day or the next day to be honest I do not care about Ebays silly estimates I just care about not getting a defect because of it. The funny thing is I have had a couple of buyers very happy because the item/s I sent arrived before the first estimated date which only happens because I have increased the handling time 🙂 

I had 3 cast iron frying pans, from NSW, arrive this morning that I ordered on the 9th and I was wrapped that they arrived so quick and that is why I will make a dash to the post office at the end of the day not because of Ebays estimates but because I hope every now and then I can give a buyer that fuzzy feeling or getting something quicker than expected it is not about Ebay it is about us (the sellers) Ebay are just middlemen it is us that makes it a good sale or not 

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

NSW to WA Estimated delivery Monday, Feb 15, 2016 - Monday, Feb 22, 2016 - probable not much hope for this, the last tracked parcel I sent to WA took 2 weeks and 1 day.

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

Gets there from QLD quicker than that I think where I am they seem to fly to WA from I assume Brisbane once a week so usually it gets there in 5-9 days from where I am. I think I am lucky as most of the parcels I send to WA go by air I think so not to bad. the longest part is waiting for them to get on the plane can sit for up to 7 days at the PO but usually delivered the next day once they move. If it goes by land then it goes through 'Chullora NSW' and that seems like the black hole of the PO and it is anyone's guess how long it will take to get out of there.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply