Australia Post 'book a pickup service'

Hi all,

Hope you are all well and sales are going ok for you. I just wondered if anyone uses the Australia Post Book a pick up service and if so, is this picked up by an actual AP employee, a contractor or both? I am having major issues with lost parcels and am trying to mitigate this and have taken ridiculous steps to stop this happening. 

I spoke with the Postal Ombudsman on Wednesday and they indicated that they are hearing a lot of lost parcels and that a lot of people are suspecting contractors. I am thinking that if the AP book a pick up service is done by an AP staff member I may give that a go. Does anyone know? 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

How’s this for estimated delivery.

parcel lodged 4 June

from Melbourne to Melbourne

estimated delivery 27 June

oh please Aust Post - 3 weeks to deliver a parcel within a major city. Service is becoming a joke!

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, I was surprised to read others saying that all I need is proof of lodgement and was going to clarify this as it did not sound correct to me either. 

With these additional 3 lost parcels last week I am now at 12 parcels since October that have had issues. Of those 12, 10 have gone missing once lodged at the Post Office, one arrived with no contents, and another one looks like it has been tampered with a replaced by another item that went missing (seems at least two parcels opened and swapped with one arriving and one going missing). 

Although AP are now investigating I am now starting to think I am both being targeted and that AP may not be able to provide the confidence I need going forward. Since October I would imagine that I have sent only 80-100 parcels, 12 out of that total is a very high rate of losses. 

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply