Australia Post international postage big changes

Apparently, Australia Post are going to bring in some significant changes to international postage towards the end of the month but I havent seen anything in print yet. Has anyone here heard of the changes - eg Pack and Track under a new name, etc

Message 1 of 78
Latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

@queenslander-1 wrote:

I know registered mail is untrackable according to Aust Post but if sending to Canada on Canada Post you can track and on the USA site trackable once it gets to the US.   Smiley Indifferent

Canada will often track packages that aren't trackable here, I even occasionally get results with just the CN22 customs number, though recently it's been one in 20+ packages, however USPS stopped showing tracking for Aus registered in October of last year (the change actually affected inbound mail from 132 different countries). 

From what I can tell, registered won't be available for parcels from the 18th, rather there'll just be the standard (more expensive) trackable service, which can have SOD added on. 

Message 21 of 78
Latest reply

The latest news is that those many Australia Post customers with contracts will remain on the old system and still use Pack and Track, etc etc and still use the old customs forms.

Message 22 of 78
Latest reply

Oh what fun....two separate systems running at the same time.

AP manages to muck up one system....heaven help us when there are two on the go at the same time.

Message 23 of 78
Latest reply

DG

Just one recent example

RQ049001236AU- opens in a new window or tab

Carrier:

Australia Post

ACCEPTEDIN TRANSITDELIVERED

ARRIVAL AT UNIT

Mar-26-16, 06:47 AM, RALEIGH, NC 27615

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY

Mar-24-16, 08:00 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT

Mar-22-16, 10:00 AM

ARRIVED AT INTERNATIONAL SERVICE CENTER

Mar-22-16, 09:45 AM, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) 90009

Message 24 of 78
Latest reply

Pricing info scans from their new booklet attached.

Message 25 of 78
Latest reply

Second scan.

Message 26 of 78
Latest reply

@queenslander-one wrote:

DG

Just one recent example

RQ049001236AU- opens in a new window or tab

Carrier:

Australia Post

ACCEPTEDIN TRANSITDELIVERED

ARRIVAL AT UNIT

Mar-26-16, 06:47 AM, RALEIGH, NC 27615

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY

Mar-24-16, 08:00 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT

Mar-22-16, 10:00 AM

ARRIVED AT INTERNATIONAL SERVICE CENTER

Mar-22-16, 09:45 AM, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) 90009

Bugger, mine (and other seller's) haven't shown anything. Smiley Frustrated

Message 27 of 78
Latest reply

Thankyou transport-posters!

1) Can anyone tell me the fees for 'extra cover' for airmail parcels (economy?), up to $100 and $100-$200 from 18 April?

2) If one uses 'click and send' will this minimize the paperwork or will one still have to fill in one of the sticky customs forms?

Message 28 of 78
Latest reply

This looks like a massive increase in prices for international parcels especially if you use your own packaging.

Message 29 of 78
Latest reply

Today is the last day I am offering the current rates as my last send out before Monday is tomorrow.  From midnight I will be adding $2 onto all my international shipping prices to cover the increases from AP and how it fits into eBay's grab also.

The AUD is starting to rise again also so it may be a double hit of being more costly for overseas buyers to buy our stuff.  But you know, if they really want it, then they will pay for it, and it helps that I'm the only person who makes and sells these.

And I still don't know what I'm meant to do come next week.  I asked them on Tuesday if I still fill out my statement sheet as usual and they didn't know.  I will be seeing them tomorrow and will ask them to make a decision on what I have to do!  Will try and pass it on here.

Message 30 of 78
Latest reply