Australia post not cleaning out red box.

Just thought I would put this up. Hubby actually read this in the UK Daily News.

A red post box had not been cleaned out for 5 months.  In Beachworth, Vic. Box on Juntion Rd.

If any sellers had posted in this box, maybe that's why parcels can go missing . I never post in them, as the one I had used,   had been robbed and I lost  a parcel to a customer a few years ago. 

If this had happened to one , I wonder if it happens to others. 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

They forgot they had it, for five months, and I thought I was the only one who suffered 'Seniors moments.'

Goodness me!! How bad?

Melina.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I've had a situation where there was an ants nest next to the box and the parcel I sent, customer had ants in the parcel. I now use the post box outside an Australian post office, not the ones on the street
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Mine got torched one day and all the mail was destroyed.

That mail box might have been uncollected for 5 months due to a disgruntled postie perhaps?

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Apparently the collection was changed from Monday and Friday to just Friday. It was a plummer who rang AP, because he wasn't getting his invoices delievered, so not getting paid.
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@lowanacraftswrote:

Just thought I would put this up. Hubby actually read this in the UK Daily News.

A red post box had not been cleaned out for 5 months.  In Beachworth, Vic. Box on Juntion Rd.

If any sellers had posted in this box, maybe that's why parcels can go missing . I never post in them, as the one I had used,   had been robbed and I lost  a parcel to a customer a few years ago. 

If this had happened to one , I wonder if it happens to others. 

Best guess is that AP put a new postie on the route who wasn't told about that particular box.

They can be a bit odd at times (AP that is but maybe a few posties too).

I had an incident with returned mail a while back that was unusual.

The address was a new industrial estate in NT and it turned out they were not getting any deliveries of mail.

Apparently, AP need permission from local govt in order to deliver to an area (who'd have thought).

As permission had not yet been received, they simply returned any and all mail sent to addresses in that area.

So businesses were not getting invoices, cheques, tender documents, utility bills etc.

Beggars belief really

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Off topic but that Plumber surely knows that invoices can be emailed and there are companies that actually chase up invoices for business's?

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

What a rigmaroll. Lots of unhappy people there , I bet.
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

He may do, but a lot of christmas cards in there also. He wouldn't have been the only one using it, but it was him that complained to AP.
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

x3n0m
Community Member

Hmm so a newly contracted postie was untrained properly by the corporatised red arm of Australia Post (auspost) .. who woulda thunk such a thing could happen? .. not to worry auspost profits will roar onwards and upwards (unless them executives there all vote to give 'emselves more massive payraises) and that contracted postie will probably be replaced in the next tender maybe by a student visa or something .. it is called productivity and as we know it is all about jorbs and growf (in China and the Cayman Islands) .. no wonder this is not being reported in Australian news, this is just how we do things these days; hardly newsworthy at all ..

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply