Autumn Seller Update - here it is

8 REPLIES 8

Received it this morning in both emails:    the first link to "more info"  doesnt work - go figure  Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Why, oh why, does this not surprise me Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

fixed now ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Nothing riveting in there that makes any big difference, coupons an interesting option but unsure how many small sellers will use them. Much more attractive to big sellers. Could be a handy appeasement gift for a buyer if something went wrong your end though.

I am more excited about the TV advertising, our Tuesday sales have gone up, but across the board sales have slowed. Maybe school opening and holiday credit card bills due.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Not only are they continuing with their policy of trying to force low-price sellers to use tracking (even if it's not economically viable) by

- penalising them in search results if they don't offer it, and

- in the same circumstances, scaring off potential buyers by citing ridiculously long delivery time frames,

but they are also now threatening in the second half of the year to penalise them further by delaying the processing of their payments.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Isn't that called extorion ? 

Maybe eBay has just had enough, rather than going to the effort of shutting down,  they are just going to wait for sellers to go out of business and then quietly close the doors LOL.

They sure do dictate a lot of rules and rubbish

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

My main takeaways from this update:

-eBay states "more ways to pay" and uses a talking point of Credit Card, Debit Card & PayPal when you can already use them prior to MP

- If theres another pandemic or natural disaster and you have a bunch of INRs that are not your fault, your delivery time will be changed and placed lower in the listings for months to come.

- "Fewer messages from buyers asking when their item(s) will be delivered " Man LOL This happens regardless if you have tracking people will still message you.

- You must use eBay's holy tracking number in the line that does literally nothing. Australia Post, Sendle and any other company. Doesn't have the ability to scan that so I have been and will continue to remove junk out of the address lines to stop confusing drivers.

- You will have delayed payments and lower listings even if you are a good seller with minimal or no INR using untracked postage.

- Ebay still continues to push to sell Sendle/Couriers Please as good company

- Ebay is now using machine learning to estimate delivery times for customers instead of actually getting estimates from couriers.

- Ebay is now moving all cases to the sellerhub. The is now option to escalate a claim if a buyer sends an empty box or wrong item or completely damaged item

- Listing variations for some items may change? Probably for the better when some people accidently order wrong things and blame you the seller?

- Partial refund option if the return is already accepted. Somewhat good, stops forcing the buyer to close it for a partial & don't have to go into PayPal and find the transaction, however they should be something like a partial refund for a buyer who sends back damaged stock (by the buyer) or change of mind restocking fees etc.

- Can now cancel an item if a buyer hasn't paid after 5 days. Personally I like the old system better, just add the option to cancel the transaction. When its all automated its easier. I don't run auctions or anything its just annoying when a buyer would select a Bank transfer and never pay. I don't care about them getting an unpaid item case against them, does nothing for me

- Coupon codes. The idea is cool but this is a very stupid way. they buyer will get confused with other sellers or the codes could even be long cause they may conflict with other sellers who knows. I already send out discount codes to our website to our buyers in our parcels. It clearly states its on our website only and they will try and use it on eBay. Other promotions eBay run I have had buyers abuse me cause they can't use codes that don't work on our items. A very simple solution would be is for repeat buyers you set their ID to some category that automatically provides them discounts. Such as the solution already in place when if you spend x amount in a store you get money off that seller..

Overall pretty junk update imo.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply