Bank details Help!

I have a ebay buyer from Florida saying they want to purchase my item but there is an issue with their Pay Pal account and they keep asking for my Bank Account details ASAP so they can make the payment.

I originally had no international shipping options and this user just joined last month and has no feedback at all and the way they are wording their messages make me wonder if they are really from USA, they use phrases like "keep calm and you can trust me" and "kindly give Bank details"

I am hesitant to give me bank details, help?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Bank details Help!

My advice is DO NOT supply your account details under  any circumstances. Definately sounds like a scam.  Politely respond by saying under Ebay policy it is PayPal only for payment.  In addition you may add in your response that their is no international sales. 

If they continue to pester you report them to Ebay.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Bank details Help!

NO! DO NOT give them your details. If they haven't bought, IMMEDIATELY add them to your blocked bidder list. You are selling high priced items and you have no feedback. You are a target for scammers. I can guarantee you that after they "pay" they will ask you to send it to their cousing in Nigeria. DO NOT make any further contact with them.

Blocked bidder list http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Setup buyer requirement blocks to stop anyone from overseas buying (buyers in locations I don't post). Block people with 2 or more strikes in 12 months. Block people with less than 5 feedback who haven't been phone verified. Apply to all current and future listings. Do it right now. http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Bank details Help!

I agree with the others in saying it is a scam and to have nothing to do with them AND I would report any further messages to eBay.

If you supply your bank details you will receive a very official looking email showing that funds have been transferred into your account (and it will have your true account details in the email) BUT the email will state that the funds are being held in escrow until you provide shipping details for the item at which time they will be released into your account.

Of course, if you ship the item and supply a tracking number YOU WILL NEVER GET THE FUNDS as they do not exist, and you will not be able to ever recover the item.

Do yourself a favour and take a look at some of the items in this google search for Nigerian ebay shipping scam

https://www.google.com.au/search?sclient=tablet-gws&site=&source=hp&q=nigerian+ebay+shipping+scam&oq...

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Bank details Help!

Off topic but just wondering if you have a liquor licence as you're selling alcohol ?

Wine and other alcoholic beverages may be sold on eBay.com.au, provided the seller holds a liquor license, displays their license number in the listing and offers domestic postage only. Listings must also comply with the Alcohol Beverages Advertising Code (ABAC).

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Bank details Help!

I would add them to your Blocked List so they cannot purchase.

Plus it also makes no sense - anyone who is paying into a foreign bank account would incur some serious charges. For me to send money to an international bank account can cost upwards of $30, so this raises loads of red flags.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Bank details Help!

@briged_collian wrote:

I am hesitant to give me bank details, help?

Even if you give your internal bank details to your buyer they won't b able to transfer any payment to you. They need to use a telegraphic transfer that should have SWIFT code and all relevenat details to make a payment.  I do not know how much it costs overseas but in Au sucj a pament can cost anywhere from $20 to $50. 

You can tell your buyer that they do not need to use their paypal account to pay through Paypal.

Paypal aslo allows to send a payment to a seller by using a credit card and without  having any account with Paypal.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply