Best offer

Hi, is anyone else having trouble with best offer being added to buy it now listings?

I make sure when I put an item on for sale that the best offer box isn't ticked but when I chexk my listings sometimes after a couple of days best offer appears.

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening.

Thank you in advanxe.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best offer

It seems eBay in their wisdom have decided for sellers that it's a better idea to have best offer.

Yes it's happened to a lot of sellers.

Need to go back and revise, unticking the box.

I think once you have done a few it doesn't return.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Best offer

It seems eBay in their wisdom have decided for sellers that it's a better idea to have best offer.

Yes it's happened to a lot of sellers.

Need to go back and revise, unticking the box.

I think once you have done a few it doesn't return.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Best offer

How many times is a "few times" ..once again this evening I've had to go and revise 6 of my listings to remove the Best Offer option ebay has placed on my items without my consent. Over the last few weeks every day without fail some of my listings have the best offer placed on them and some items it's appeared four times.. I'm over it eBay..please stop Man Sad

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Best offer

Don't know.

I haven't had it included at all and yet some members regularly.

Appears to behave differently from seller to seller.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Best offer

I find I quite like the best offer function, but when some of my items are automatically relisted, they revert to NOT having the best offer option selected. UGH!!!

Most times the offers I receive are acceptable to me, though occasionally, I'll get a ridiculous one like on a used but excellent condition dress listed for $20 (RRP new $50-$100), the offer will be $2. Ah...lol.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Best offer

acenyg
Community Member

I DEPLORE that this automatically happens whenever the auto-relist occurs. Particularly when I don't tick this option originally. What is frustrating is that the Best Offers are placed ridiculously low and then you get ridiculous offers from people. 

It is also irritating that you have to go back through your listings and change each one. What to do???

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply