Blocked bidder uses new account to purchase my item

Please help!

A bidder I recently blocked has now opened a new account and purchased one of my items.

This person was relentless in sending me up to 20 messages about the item and about their life in general.

I answered the questions about the item, however I started to realise this person was extremely fussy and annoying.

I decided to send one last message to tell the buyer that I no longer wish to sell this item to them, but later received an Ebay message stating the seller's account had been suspended and the message could not be sent.

Naturally alarm bells started ringing and I immediatley blocked this buyer.

Now, they have opened a new account and purchased this item. Yes they have paid for it, but this is one transaction I would rather do without! This person has harrassed me all week. I have refunded their payment via paypal.

Is their anyway of stopping this person from doing this again? I'm really **bleep** off that I can't sell my items in the future because of one crazy buyer! 

I'm also concerned about the negative feedback as I haven't received any to date. 

Many thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Is their anyway of stopping this person from doing this again?

No and eBay can't either as the buyer can just use different details even false details.

Just put this ID on your blocked list and delete any messages that may come in without reading them.

If they do it again, block again, they should give up eventually.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Contact eBay and report the buyer for using another account to circumvent the block.

This gives you their direct links without having to go through their rigmarole:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home

Just keep in mind that the Call option is only available during business hours,(8 am to 9 pm Mon to Fri and 8 am

to 5 pm on Sat and Sun).

Have us call you at the bottom is a good option.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

This happened to me a while back - the buyer was sus from day one, I blocked them, they got upset and started using other accounts to try and purchase (ones they owned, friends accounts, new accounts etc).

It was very stressful, but I won out in the end. (The transactions I couldn't do unpaid item cases for to prevent the negs, I was able to get eBay to remove them, I also temporarily withdrew all the items they were targeting from sale). 

First, go to Account > Site preferences > buyer requirements and activate the block on buyers who have not been phone verified (new accounts tend not to be verified, so that should stop them from creating more accounts to get around it if they try).

Second, as mentioned, contact eBay by phone (or get them to call you back - usually the best option) and explain the situation to them, tell them that since the buyer was blocked from purchasing, you think this is a malicious purchase and intended to cause your account harm by false claims and / or leaving negative feedback. This gets those concerns recorded on file, and eBay can advise you of your options - whatever they tell you on the phone, especially if it's something favourable to you, ask them to put it in writing and email it to you so that you can refer it to them later if needed. 

Be persistent if you need to, (with eBay, I mean) if they made the first account unregistered, they are not allowed to open new accounts anyway, so I think eBay should back you up on this one. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/default/unwelcome-malicious-buying-policy?id=4375

This is a link to the policy if you need to quote it to ebay.  I looked it up a couple of weeks ago when I had a Russian bypass my blocks to buy something.  She obviously changed her primary address to Australia to buy it, then changed it back again and DEMANDED an invoice from me.  My description clearly said I only post to Australia, in capital letters at the very top!  The Chinese and Russians are notorious for doing this.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks very much for the tips kopenhagen5! 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks the tips and the link go-tazz! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for the detailed reply digital*ghost. This has been really helpful and I've since adjusted my buyers requirements as you mentioned. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks very much for the link brerrabbit585! It was really informative. Thanks for your reply! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply