Bombarded by PayPal Phishing emails This Morning

We have two PayPal accounts attached to our ebay selling IDs.

This morning about every 5-10 minutes on one ID and less on the other we are being hammered to death by these phishing emails coming in.

It's the very same email each time claiming we have paid an amount ($189.99) to the very same seller each time. For a Blackberry device.

Of course I just deleted them but they are clogging up our email with junk.

Anyone know how/if this sort of thing can be blocked?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I get about 20 per day and I send them ALL to spoof@paypal.com.au
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Same here,about 30 this morning (no doubt they are amusing themselves very much) I have blocked the email address but they still keep coming . I also have forwded them to spoof@paypal who seem to do nothing

Last week I got about 50 from a different address but similar item and price

Must be the month for scamming ####'s

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

Got to feel a bit sorry for sellers who has had his sale hijacked (# 291408525651) looks like a legitimate phone seller.  Might be one of his negs getting back at them?  Hate to have it done to one of my items.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

yes, me too. One after the other!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

create filters to block them or at least send them straight to your trash folder. Usually if you right click on the email header you can select create filter from. or filter emails like this.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

We have two PayPal accounts attached to our ebay selling IDs.

This morning about every 5-10 minutes on one ID and less on the other we are being hammered to death by these phishing emails coming in.

It's the very same email each time claiming we have paid an amount ($189.99) to the very same seller each time. For a Blackberry device.

Of course I just deleted them but they are clogging up our email with junk.

Anyone know how/if this sort of thing can be blocked?

Up your browser security levels. I use Firefox and Chrome set to 'medium'. I almost never get legitimate emails sent to spam and almost never get spam in my inbox.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I am like you Dave.....rarely get spam in my inbox and rarely get legit emails in spam.

But I did get 3 of these little suckers get through to my inbox last week in the space of 30 minutes.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply