Brighter future

After 13 years of selling on Ebay I have decided that it is time for a change in my life. Ebay started out as an exciting adventure with full of hopes and dreams for the future. It was fantastic  for a number of years where you were making money so that you could reinvest into your business venture and have a little bit left over to keep the wolf from the door.

Sadly that is no longer the case for me.  I have no regrets and have enjoyed my experiance.

The only comments  I would like to make  to Ebay are,

1. Learn how to communicate to your customers and not to keep them in the dark

2. This is an Australian Ebay site, priority should be affored to local Australian Sellers.

3. Big Sellers will eventually discard you go their own seperate way.

To my customers over the years a big thank you and all the best for the future.

To All you Real Aussie Sellers - Good Luck

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Brighter future

Best in your brighter future!

Silly time.......

There are no broken laser pointers available in Australia, and none sold recently. Only collector cards from USA!

I imagine the owners of eBay Australia could not care less. The spirit has died.

ps. It is possible to buy one from overseas and break it yourself and still be cheaper than what the price was when we started 2001 through eBay! Now that is real efficiency in an enhanced buying environment.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Brighter future

Good luck.Smiley Very Happy

I have pulled over 400 items from my ebay store and will continue to do so as they come up for relisting.

I'll continue with ebay but on a smaller scale, i have over 4000 different items in stock which i now have on my www site so it's now time to finish my site and improve it.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Brighter future

I agree Ebay used to be fun...my listings will all finish this weekend too and I will be closing my store....Enough is enough!

Selling for fun is totally different to selling with GST looming it's head up and coming some much faster...I left those days behind a few years ago, no-one pays you to do the Govt's work! 

Good luck in the future, to me, to you, to everyone out there!

Hopefully Ebay will keep us informed (whether we have a store or not) if anything does change, we can be made aware of it.....

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Brighter future

We should all embrace selling things for free postage, as the foreign level playing field has allowed our international competitors can freely do or for next to nothing. I mean we should feel good that Australia Lost is raking in that much E-commerce they have had 3 price rises in less than 2 years. 

I feel privileged that now,as it's obvious Greedbay is not making enough they feel the need to charge on postage too, I can make a difference and fill  the coffers even more.

To paraphrase a will know line, we are all equal, just some of us are more equal than others.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply