Bug in invoice? - most inexpensive variation charged when invoice requested

Good evening,
A customer has requested an invoice for 2 items from my store, one valued at $79.99 and the other at $15.99 for a combined postage.
The invoice page however lists both items at a price of $4.83 (the price of my lowest priced variation).

So now I suppose my only option is to add an adjustment and write an embarrassing apology to the buyer for their weird invoice that makes it look like I'm charging them extra.
Is this normal or a bug?
If it's a bug, how might I go about reporting it?

There don't appear to be any humans running eBay anymore, so I'm at a bit f a loss.

Thank you for any assistance,

Benjamin Wolfgang Herrmann

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The invoice page however lists both items at a price of $4.83 (the price of my lowest priced variation).

Is that for postage? What have you supposedly listed it at?

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply twyngwyn,

Postage is based on buyer's location, so it's added 2x10.60 as the estimated postage, giving a total of $30.86 including the 2 items.

I added the rest of the cost under 'additional' charges, however this could easily catch a seller off-guard if they didn't remember exactly the price they had listed the item.

I went into 'revise item', & then 'variations' in order to see the prices I had listed, as the variation was greyed out on the customer-facing page.

A newer seller may not necessarily intuitively problem solve an issue like this, so I hope it was a one off or a bug that eBay is actively (or will shortly be) working on.

I sent the quote with the rest of the total as additional charges, then broke it all down for the customer and everything went smoothly thank goodness.

Sincerely,

Benjamin Wolfgang Herrmann

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply