Buye wants to post me stamps instead of paying postage!

Just had an interesting "offer" - buyer wants me to post an item, but does not want to pay "exorbitant" Aus Post fees. Instead, wants to send me "modern mint stamps" he "inherited" to use on the parcel.

Just wondering, does this contravene any ebay policies?

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

@digital*ghost wrote:

@collect247 wrote:

My post was just a bit of banter,what has gotten up your nose seriously calm down.

I was calm, not really sure how to indicate that to people who read my posts in a tone differently to how I write them. 

What "got up my nose" was me just trying to point out that laughing at people in the thread for pointing out some of the possible issues related to accepting a buyer sending stamps in the mail undermines the fact that these are potential issues. 

If you want to have friendly banter, I think I've demonstrated many times over the years I'm perfectly capable of that - if you just want to scoff and be sarcastic about information that's been provided for the benefit of a / the OP, I'll call you out on it. 

Wow I can see that you don't take banter to lightly and haven't really calmed down as you seem to be way to serious for me so I'll let you get on with your job.

My points to me are also real issues and you make too many points that may happen but here we have one buyer that requested one thing and you have basically turned it on its head.

Keep it up as I won't be getting in your way from now on as you must be correct all the time.

Message 31 of 32
Latest reply

As well as giving the item away, you have to pay an extra 10% on it.

Message 32 of 32
Latest reply