Buyer blocked from buying due to location

saarzi
Community Member

A buyer contacted me saying they were unable to purchase an item because of their location, yet their location is permitted in this listing.  I checked the buyers Ebay and Paypal addresses, and my listing and it all looks fine (and most of my other items use the same postage policy, and Ive posted plenty to this state).

I figure Ill send them a Paypal invoice or ask them to direct deposit.... but...

I know a few others have had this problem.... Is there a way I can resolve it, or is it just another Ebay glitch?

Fanks 😄

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If I'm not mistaken I think this would be the error that shows up when the item is a multi quantity listing and your buyer is trying to buy the last one of them.
What we have done is to contact the buyer and try to explain the glitch. Then set the qty = 2 and get your buyer to then try again. As soon as they are successful set the qty back to zero so nobody else can buy the now out of stock item. It's a little bit risky as Murphy's law might happen and somebody else might stumble on the listing at the wrong time. But doing it this way has worked for us. Apparently eBay know about it and will fix it but who knows when. They are too busy fixing other things that are not broken.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Yes its a multi quantity listing, but theres over 400 available.

I might cancel and relist, I have plenty of free lists... that might reset something..

Thanks 🙂

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Good luck. I'd be interested to know the outcome on this one as we have seen this problem too.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Check they are not on your blocked buyer list, that may be why they are getting that message.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

This happens to us fairly frequently too. Best way to resolve it is to send the buyer an invoice. Then they should be able to pay. 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply