Buyer hasn't paid - Awaiting Payment

Hello, I have had 3 sales for some items of mine i've sold. But so far haven't seen any money get sent to me  thru paypal. I've been on ebay for over 90 days and have sold things before.

All buyers made different offers for my products that I was selling and I accepted them. But they all say "Buyer hasn't paid yet - Awaiting Payment". I have no message or invoice from Paypal about any ebay Transactions but Ebay says I have earnt $94 from sales but I don't see it anywhere. One of the buyers was asking when i'm sending it, and I will, but I don't want to be ripped off if he doesn't pay me.

I could open up a Unpaid Item but what if payment is just delayed?

One of the buyers underneath his name says "Payment Initiated" but no other information. I don't know what that means.

Any help / advice would be appreciated.

I have looked up this issue before but haven't found any satisfactory helpful solution.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I see 2 items (on this ID) sold on the 28/02....only 2 days ago, and it is a weekend.

Are they under another ID?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the items sold on this account it was only late on Friday night.....you cannot open an Unpaid Item case until 4 days have elapsed.

As a new seller you will have your funds held for 3 weeks or until the item tracking shows that the item has been delivered or the buyer leaves feedback.

Payment Initiated means that the buyer has paid but the payment has not yet cleared.....he may have done a bank transfer or paid from his bank account through paypal.  Neither of these funding sources are instant payment to you

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Once the buyer has paid you will get the notification under my ebay/sold, that says. PAID SEND NOW. Until you get that don't send anything. I don't know what payment initiated means either, maybe he started a payment but it didn't go through. I think that eBay lists that you have earned the dollars the minute the item sells, regardless of whether you have received the money or not. If you have not received payment from the buyer then send an invoice as a reminder, or message then asking for payment. They should pay within 4 days, if not, open a case against them.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If they pay with an e-cheque (through paypal but it comes from their bank account funds) it can take a few days, but you usually get an email from paypal saying that they've paid that way and not to send the item until the e-cheque clears. They send another email when it does clear.

Perhaps the buyer who's asking when you'll send it has used an e-cheque but doesn't realise it's gone through that way. Sometimes it does an e-cheque out of the blue but not normally so people can be unaware of it.

Maybe they're just trying to con you into sending it without them paying, but don't fall for that. Even if paypal holds your money for 21 days, that transaction will still show in your paypal account.

There's a chance they didn't actually want the items when they made offers and were just trying to see what you'd accept, or they were just time-wasters.

If buyers don't pay I never contact them these days but just open a non-payment case so they get a strike against them. If you open one, make sure you close it after the four-day wait is up (assuming they haven't paid. I found if I contacted them they just made excuses and tried to get me to cancel it so that they didn't get a strike, but they can leave feedback if you cancel (but not if you open a non-payment case).

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply