Buyer not paying (not the only one affected)

Hello there,

recently I sold several items in the model trains category, and one particular user won 7 of my auctions. I sent a discounted postage price and invoice via the ebay invoice feature, thought great, should get payment within a couple of days. Nope. couple of days pass, I send a reminder, nothing. 5 days pass I open unpaid items claims as there hasn't even been a sorry email from the user. Tonight I closed the cases after 10 days, still no reply from the user.

reading his/her feedback several sellers have been stung and left positive feedback with a negative message. I've emailed a couple of them to verify it and they have similar stories to me.

the 3 strike system seems floored as this person has at least 15 "bad feedbacks" left but is still able to stuff users around!! I would LOVE to be able to leave negative feedback. I've reported this user to ebay, lets see if they ban them.

is there anything else I can do, that I may have missed?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Have you got your blocks in place? Only floored if you haven't turned it on.

2 strikes or more and the member wouldn't have been able to bid or buy from you.

image host
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Well I do have blocks in place, however I'm thinking previous sellers have gone the avenue of negative positive feedback and hence they were able to buy off me.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Check your blocks are at highest level and that will weed out serial non payers.

I would be surprised if as you describe, that buyer doesn't have 2 strikes already.

image host
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Check your blocks are at highest level and that will weed out serial non payers.

I would be surprised if as you describe, that buyer doesn't have 2 strikes already.

eBay don't seem to weed out non payers http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=loveispossible2014&ftab=FeedbackAs...

I complained about this one a year ago and they are still going

Photobucket
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

ebay definitely need to police their policies more to lift credibility.

The site has improved a little but still there are far too many obvious abusers.

(Thanks for the heads up on another)

image host
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Hi all,

thanks for your help. I received a generic reply from ebay more or less saying thanks but you have to follow the process.

This is the buyer I was referring to. http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=marsha_olz5fru&ftab=AllFeedback&my...

I suggest adding them to your block list.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

is there anything else I can do, that I may have missed?

Well yes there is, you should report the other sellers which left positive feedback with negative comments.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

And by the way, you may want to self report your last post for naming the user as that is also not allowed.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

As bsal says, we can't name n shame here.

Sorry, I shouldn't have posted my last remark in the last post as it may have given the impression that naming is the norm.

(It was because I hold Donna in high regard I thanked her)

Sometimes posters may cryptically give a name in a sentence.

However there would be nothing worse than an innocent member being blocked due to an error of understanding on the accusers part.

image host
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@kopeskopenhagen5 wrote:

As bsal says, we can't name n shame here.

Sorry, I shouldn't have posted my last remark in the last post as it may have given the impression that naming is the norm.

(It was because I hold Donna in high regard I thanked her)

Sometimes posters may cryptically give a name in a sentence.

However there would be nothing worse than an innocent member being blocked due to an error of understanding on the accusers part.

True kopes, but at least there's been no mistaken identity !!  And certainly those members are not innocent by a long way  . . . . . . . . why they are still around is beyond comprehension.

Shaking head - scratching.jpg

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply