Buyer wants a refund but has no packaging

I will try to be brief here.

I sold a car mirror and the buyer emailed me saying they recieved it weill packed but with a large crack down

oneside.They asked for a refund and return address. I asked for a photo which they sent then I asked for them to send it back in the original packaking so Australia post can inspect upon return.The buyer has advised that they threw out the orginal packaging for whatever reason so what can I do since Australia Post cant see the orginal packaging?  

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you are wanting to make a claim on AP it is the buyer who should take the item and packaging to the post office for inspection.

The seller makes a claim for a missing item.

It would not be practical for the post office to inspect the packaging after it had been through the postal system twice and what is stopping the seller adding more packing materials to the original package.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

The chances of the buyer getting refunded for damage is minimal, even if they still had the packaging.

For starters - could the packed mirror have withstood having 20kg dropped on it from waist height? If not, you/they would automatically lose a case.

Tyre marks on the package seems to be one of the few possible reasons AP will refund for damage, and even then they will try to wriggle out of it.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply