Buyers address for bank deposit payments

Oh Ebay why oh why do you have to continually tinker with the system. "If it aint broke dont fix it". In the past Ebay messages for sold items contained the buyers full name and address. Now all I get is the buyers Ebay ID so when they pay by bank deposit and send a message saying payment made I have no address details to post to. Is there any way of finding their address without  feeling like a fool by asking them for their address

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

This is one of the reasons why I only have my account details showing at checkout. The buyer has to go through that process, enter or confirm the delivery address (which can often be different to their registered address ), so I can be sure that the address provided is more likely to be current.

Do you have the option to 'view order details'? An address should appear there if you do.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I still get all the details in emails. If you haven't marked the item as paid yet, you should be able to get the address from clicking on the send invoice. If you've marked as paid already, do as DG suggested and click on view order details. It will be in there.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

thanks DG for your reply. The problem seems to be that they dont go through checkout but after buying they deposit the payment and then send an Ebay message saying payment made. Even though I have marked it in my Ebay as payment received when I go to view order details all I get is a message saying "The following critical errors have occurred" - Error_unable_to_get_data_from_service. I have had 2 in the past week - same problem

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

thanks Tippy problem solved. Because they had made payment  with no invoice sent I was marking items as payment received and then had no address to send to. I have just unmarked as payment received and clicked on send invoice and got the address and remarked as payment received without sending invoice. Doh! so simple when you know what you are doing.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

So glad you got it sorted! No idea why you'd be getting that error though, that's really bizzare.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

So glad you got it sorted! No idea why you'd be getting that error though, that's really bizzare.

So glad you got it sorted! No idea why you'd be getting that error though, that's really bizzare. ebay.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Whenever we receive payment by bank deposit we just mark it as "Payment Received" when the amount shows up in our account.

Unless they have recently changed something, the postal address has always been in the "View Sales Record" selection.

As it is for any other form of payment.

Then when we go to "Print Address Labels or Invoices" we just copy this address across to our label printer software for printing in the usual way.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply