Buyers cant get combined invoices???

Twice today buyers have bought multiple items and paid for each one seperately as they went.

Then want combined post. ( International )

Both have told me  they were prompted to pay for each item before selecting another item to buy. Multiple payments and fees then multiple refunds.

Are my settings wrong or is ebay / paypal just trying to get more money out of me??

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Josh A.
Thanks. Yes I just checked on the messages and both of you agreed to have it under one parcel and you refund them the diffrence.
medalsbadgespatches
yes. so I can use the same tracking number for all transactions
Josh A.
Yes that is totally okay.
medalsbadgespatches
just to clarify- if an international buyer makes a number of paymnents all their purchases can be sent together Registered International Post and the tracking number is valid for all the transactions?
Josh A.
Yes that would be okay. There is no way to combine the invoice now since they already completed teh eBay checkout and made the payment. Just ave the same tracking infor uploaded to each transaction.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

They are possibly using the phone app, where you can't pay for a combined invoice. Each purchase has to be paid separately. If they have paid separately, regardless of the reasons, you really should send them separately or you will lose your buyer protection. Being international orders, I wouldn't be taking any chances of sending them together when paid separately.

Some buyer will buy something, then they get the big Pay Now button, so they hit that instead of hitting the back button to continue shopping.

Edit: if they want combined purchase, cancel the order, refund and then relist them for them to buy. Tell them to wait until you have sent an invoice before they pay (my guess is they will again see the pay now button and will pay separately again)

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

So receiving 5 indivual payments from one buyer and then sending  together Registered Post using the same tracking number for all transactions is no good? 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@medalsbadgespatches wrote:

is ebay / paypal just trying to get more money out of me??

It's possible - there was a "glitch" first brought to the attention of the forum here about a year ago, where some sellers found that international buyers could not purchase multiple items without paying for them individually, no matter whether they were using a mobile app or PC, because the listings had defaulted to "immediate payment required", even though the seller did not use that setting, and even worse, there was no "add to cart" option available, which will usually allow multiple items to be added and then paid for all at once, even if immediate payment required is implemented.

A few months back, this "glitch" was affecting every Australian seller's listings on the US and UK sites - funnily enough, it started occuring just before FVF on postage was introduced here, and - of course - Oz sellers pay FVF on the postage a buyer pays, which is invariably higher for international customers, so it's a nice little "glitch" that maximises the FVF eBay takes.... I haven't checked recently, but you may want to go over to the US and/or UK site to check whether this is happening to your listings. (The only known workaround if it is, is to get the buyer to log into the Oz site to purchase and pay....but of course they have to contact you beforehand to be able to give them a heads-up). 

Glitches that are never fixed can't really be called "glitches", though, and at one stage eBay was saying it was an intentional "improvement" because people were opening PP claims against all items purchased in an order when there was only one item they had a problem with, so this was their 'solution'. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I don't think it works to cancel the order any more - last time I did that to allow a buyer to change address I got 2 defects that ebay refuse to move.

About the registered post -  Aust Post covers mail by Registered Post doesn't it - so if it is lost you claim from Aust Post.

I think it depends on the value of your items.    What I do is choose the most expensive item and use a ebay label for postage, and then manually add the tracking number to the other items.   That way ebay covers you for the expensive item.

**edit - not ebay label for international.   Click and send for international.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Josh A.
Thanks. Yes I just checked on the messages and both of you agreed to have it under one parcel and you refund them the diffrence.
medalsbadgespatches
yes. so I can use the same tracking number for all transactions
Josh A.
Yes that is totally okay.
medalsbadgespatches
just to clarify- if an international buyer makes a number of paymnents all their purchases can be sent together Registered International Post and the tracking number is valid for all the transactions?
Josh A.
Yes that would be okay. There is no way to combine the invoice now since they already completed teh eBay checkout and made the payment. Just ave the same tracking infor uploaded to each transaction.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

That's all well and good for eBay to tell you that, but what they didn't tell you was, you will lose your seller protection. Taken from the PayPal website under Limitations heading of the PayPal Seller Protection Policy:

Limitations

S5.1 The PayPal Seller Protection Policy will not apply to a transaction if:

1. More than one payment is received for a single transaction;
  2. For payments via eBay and outside of eBay (excluding Gumtree):
    1. You combine items purchased through separate PayPal payments into a single shipment;
    2. You do not provide Proof of Shipment or respond to our requests for information in a timely manner;
    3. The item is delivered in person or picked up in person;
    4. The item is shipped to an address not listed on the “Transaction Details Page”; or
    5. Payment is made through guest checkout outside of eBay, PayPal Here, Email Payments and direct Credit Card payments through PayPal (including Virtual Terminal and Website Payments Pro – Hosted Solution or API)
  3. The item sold is an intangible good, travel tickets, quasi-cash, gift certificate, downloadable or streaming content, licence for digital content or a service;
  4. The item is a vehicle (including cars, motorcycles, caravans, boats and planes);
  5. The buyer claims the item is significantly not as described;
  6. You have not complied with the terms of this Agreement, any PayPal policy or any specific directions provided by us; or
  7. The buyer files a claim through a buyer protection policy other than the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?country.x=AU&locale.x=en_AU#Schedule_1_PayP...

As an international transaction, I personally wouldn't be risking it.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

pages of reading of this reccurring problem here.....ebay have done stuff all about it

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Selling-to-the-USA-and-UK-Buyers-are-having-to-pay-for-each/...

the link is to a previous ebay post/thread

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply