Can I sell Face masks on eBay in Aus?? Is it only U.S restriction or worldwide eBay policy?

I live in Australia.

Am i allowed to list face masks and sell them on eBay in Australia?

Is it only U.S restriction or worldwide eBay policy?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Can I sell Face masks on eBay in Aus?? Is it only U.S restriction or worldwide eBay policy?

They wont be up long as ebay has implemented their profiteering from a disaster policy
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

There are hundreds of local sellers selling surgical masks or equivalent. Everytime I list them they get taken down. I am selling at cost and they still take them down... I contacted a few local sellers allowed to sell on ebay and they are definitely local businesses importing form China. If you want people not to profit from a disaster, this is the wrong way to go about it. Yes they should ban those who buy up bunning's stock and flip them for hundreds of dollars but why ban only some of the sellers importing them. If I am allowed to sell, prices will be a lot cheaper.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Hi, I'm trying to run a Buy-now listing but still being stopping with this following message in red. I have selling at cost plus postage and have Above Average seller rating. There are hundreds of such listings when you search "face masks". While am I banned but not others? Would someone be able to shed some light? Thanks Andy

eBay is currently not allowing listings for certain masks and sanitising products due to concerns that inflated prices for these products may violate applicable laws or regulations. Do not relist this item. You are also required to immediately review and update all your other listings for sale that do not comply with these rules.{e66989-1098569x}

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

@nqu18t wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to run a Buy-now listing but still being stopping with this following message in red. I have selling at cost plus postage and have Above Average seller rating. There are hundreds of such listings when you search "face masks". While am I banned but not others? Would someone be able to shed some light? Thanks Andy

eBay is currently not allowing listings for certain masks and sanitising products due to concerns that inflated prices for these products may violate applicable laws or regulations. Do not relist this item. You are also required to immediately review and update all your other listings for sale that do not comply with these rules.{e66989-1098569x}

you have to apply to eBay and get approved to sell this type of item.  Selling for cost + postage is not enough.  Selling at half retail price is not enough.

No permission = DO NOT LIST THEM

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

You don't really sell on eBay regularly too.
Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

hi, are you able to advise how you apply to ebay? I can't find this! Thanks for your help! Erin

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply