Can't sell product

I have tried to sell my first item , I get to the very end where it says publish listing . It then comes up that I can't sell internationally even though I'm in Australia and changed all my details from the UK to Australia years ago and I only want to sell domestic in Australia anyway ! What can I do so to sort this out , help would be appreciated cheers guys
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can't sell product

A number between 0 and infinity, units of your choice.

It has been fairly well documented that moving to a different country doesn't 'take' with eBay. You have to ring them and get them to change your region.

Which is why I suggested ringing eBay, or waiting for somebody with experience, who would probably give the same advice.

As anybody who has ever had a job knows - there is 'the book' and then there is the way things really work.

I don't make the rules, or pretend to be able to interpret them, but this is a well worn issue and the answer is detailed above. Regardless of the illogicality of the requirement.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Can't sell product

Ring eBay and get them to change your location to Australia.

Or, easier, open a new account with your proper details, go through the seller registration hoops, and list with that one.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Can't sell product

Did you tick all the excluded postage locations?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Can't sell product

Doesn't matter if the location is shown as UK.

It is a phone call issue to change locations and have it stick.

I'm fairly sure, but you could wait for phorum junkie to appear. She does it twice a year.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Can't sell product

The OPs location has been changed to Australia?

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Can't sell product

But obviously not officially.

Wait for PJ or ring eBay.

There ARE non-obvious hoops and the Op has already found out that they can't sell to Australia because it is overseas, so the hoops still exist.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Can't sell product

Op said they changed details years ago so how long does it officially take? 

<scratches head>

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Can't sell product

A number between 0 and infinity, units of your choice.

It has been fairly well documented that moving to a different country doesn't 'take' with eBay. You have to ring them and get them to change your region.

Which is why I suggested ringing eBay, or waiting for somebody with experience, who would probably give the same advice.

As anybody who has ever had a job knows - there is 'the book' and then there is the way things really work.

I don't make the rules, or pretend to be able to interpret them, but this is a well worn issue and the answer is detailed above. Regardless of the illogicality of the requirement.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Can't sell product

Thanks for the advice guys , pretty annoying that I'm going to have to ring them and they don't accept you changing it online ! I will give them a call and see how I go ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Can't sell product

If your address etc have all been changed to Australia then that is not the problem.

Go to the postage tab and click on Add or remove options.

Tick the box to display internationl postage options and save.

Make sure that no intrernational service is selected, it just says no Intrnational and then lower down that no type of service like padded bags is chose, Once you are sure there are no options selected click on add/remove again and untick the display international postage is unticked.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply