Cancel sale straight after auction

Have struck an extremely rude and arrogant buyer I just dont want to deal with. I would rather cancel the sale now than cop the inevitable Neg feedback  for 2 items from this guy. According to this page http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html#cancel I should be able to cancel....To cancel a transaction

1. Go to My eBay > Sold and locate the item.

2. In the More actions drop-down menu, select Cancel this order.

When I click on more actions I am not seeing Cancel this order as an option

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Tthose comments really sting. For someone who maintained a 100% record as a powerseller for a few years and bent over backwards to provide customer service, to cop those lies on my record is pretty hard to take. I virtually stopped selling nearly 10yrs ago due to lack of spare time & only resumed a few weeks ago to clear a deceased estate for a relative as a favor. This makes me want to go back into selling hibernation for another 10yrs

Message 21 of 39
Latest reply

NEVER reply to a neg until all avenues have been exhausted to get the neg removed, and that won't happen overnight so don't be in a hurry to reply to neg feedback

--------------------

I agree with you, if I were a seller I would prefer to have negs removed as my best option, so it would be worth working towards that before giving a reply.

In the present case where a reply was given though, it's not all bad news, on the plus side, I thought the seller replies were very informative and as a buyer, they would not turn me off the seller. The bit about a person leaving a neg 10 mins after an auction over a 50c misunderstanding says a lot, then the other reply mentions how the person got an $8 discount.

As a potential customer, if I came across those comments cold, I'd be thinking the buyer a prized idiot.

Okay, maybe ideally the seller should have been exactly certain of postage costs before replying but I have had sellers tell me approx combined costs before, or that they 'think' it will be about this or that. It's a little bit worrying as it leaves you up in the air, but if I had bought 2 CDs from the seller and combined postage was 50c over the price of one item and I was getting $8 discount on the individual cost of postage, I would be happy and just pay.

If the buyer wasn't happy, they could have queried the seller, but there was no need for them to be rude, in my opinion.

Message 22 of 39
Latest reply

Just contact ebay, you have got nothing to loose, I have always found them to be fair and they have removed negative feedback twice for me, they will look into it and will probably judge that it is unfair feedback. Good luck

Message 23 of 39
Latest reply

good news. mesage from ebay customer support to say the negs meet criteria for removal and have been removed....although still there at moment

Message 24 of 39
Latest reply

They're gone now - as well they should be. 🙂 

Seriously, if I asked a seller a question and the reply contained the words "I'm fairly certain", I would automatically assume that it either means "I need to double-check to be sure", or "I don't want to commit to a definite price" (the latter I would expect if the specific DVDs / CD weren't mentioned in the message, because two can sometimes weigh over 500g if they're multiple disc sets). 

Message 25 of 39
Latest reply

"the $9.00 the OP charged is more than likely costing them money to post."

Three stamps* plus a $1.35 PB3 bubble mailer, actually. Nowhere near $9 or $10 to send two DVDs.

*Or five stamps if it was over 250g. Put the DVDs in side by side, not one on top of the other.

Anyone who charges Parcel Post for less than three regular sized DVD cases is ripping people (and themselves) off and deserve low stars next to postage cost. Anyone who charges buyers their own eBay fees also deserves low marks and/or feedback.

Note that Parcel Post is actually cheaper than items over 250g sent registered however ($5 + $1.35 +$3.80 = $10.15 compared to $7.45 + $1.35 ($8.80), or $8.25 for a 500g satchel which has no padding whatsoever and can result in an obliterated DVD case and/or a damaged disc because straya psot iz speshl), but regular mail without tracking is far cheaper for DVDs (and CDs, Blu-Ray, console games made after 2000, excluding thick cases).

Message 26 of 39
Latest reply

Thats ok for you if you have time to spare. I was a power seller 12yrs ago when working 4 days on/4 days off & had plenty of time to spend at post offices and plenty of time to scrounge for cheapest possible ways to post. I stopped selling when I changed jobs and ended up working 12hrs per day monday to friday.

This return to selling is just to offload remains of a deceased estate for a relative. Some model kits & dome dvds which I've just about finished. I chose parcel post partly for convenience and speed. I can print ebay postage labels at night and hand the parcels in at the post office during my lunch break next day.

Once these are sold I will return to only selling the occasional bit of computer or photographic gear when I want to upgrade. If I had the time to sell dvds or anything else full time I would probably post them as large letters, despite the Aus post advice that large letters must only contain flexible items. However I dont have time to spend queueing up at the post office, so will continue sending them as parcels. I realise this probably hurts the final price I am getting as buyers would be factoring in postage cost into the price they are willing to bid. So be it, for me the convenience of using parcel post outweighs the couple of dollars I might be losing on potential final price

Message 27 of 39
Latest reply

heihachi said:

Anyone who charges buyers their own eBay fees also deserves low marks and/or feedback.

.............but regular mail without tracking is far cheaper for DVDs

-----------------------

I am mainly a buyer but I don't see why any seller should not be allowed to add their ebay & paypal fees to whatever fee they charge. I don't mean to add it after a sale, that's a no-no, but surely a seller needs to consider the costs and add it to their sales price so they come out with a profit, otherwise why bother to sell?

Regular mail without tracking may well be cheaper & I know some sellers use it for small items, but I don't think any buyer should mark down a seller who chooses not to use it, a seller has no protection that way.

Message 28 of 39
Latest reply

To clarify, I'm not inflating postage to cover fees. I'm charging actual cost for postage and packaging. Some sellers are saying that its possible to send cheaper by bending the rules & posting non flexible items as large letters.

I chose to send within Aus post guidlines, mainly due to speed & convenience with limited time to available

Message 29 of 39
Latest reply

Large letters don't need to be flexible, only small letters (1 stamp, <5mm thick) have that restriction. As long as a package fits in the letter gauge and doesn't contain banned items (e.g. explosives, batteries) it can be sent as a large letter.
Message 30 of 39
Latest reply