Cancelled Transactions and Defect Rate

I have had a number of customers who live overseas attempting to buy items from our store. We don't ship items outside of Australia and all listings reflect this.

Therefore when a customer buys an item I cancel the transaction and mark the reason as 'Buyer from country I don't ship to'.

Now I'm pretty sure that these cancelled transactions are being added to my defect rate. As this uncompleted transaction is no fault of mine (the buyer has not read the listing properly before purchase) why are these cancellations going down as a defect on my Seller Dashboard? This seems unfair as the buyer has not read the listing?

Does anyone have any experience of this? I have attempted to contact Customer Support but they were about as useful as an umbrella in a hurricane.

Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

for any reason other than buyer changed mind or buyer made mistake you will cop a defect.

Also go in your preferences and make sure you have all the other countries you don't ship to checked. They shouldn't be able to purchase. I never have anyone from overseas get through my blocks.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Cool, thanks very much for your advice. Have updated the preferences and hopefully that will stop it.

A shame though as I had an overseas customer attempt to buy three items over the weekend, looks like my defect rate will be pretty bad for the next couple of months.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Yes they certainly hit hard.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply