Changing your seller username

Hi everyone,

I've been selling on eBay for just over a year now, and lately I've been thinking about changing my username. I don't hate the one I've got, but I feel like it's not really "me" anymore and I could choose something better.

So I was just wondering if any of you have changed your username in the past and what effect did it have on your business? As you can see, I haven't had that many sales, so I was hoping it wouldn't set me back, so to speak, to change my username.

Thanks guys Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Are you saying that you feel you no longer dazzle?

Well in my case I had to keep changing my user name until I got the one that I really wanted,because as you know there are users out there that always seem to have the name that you're after, so then you have to go with what you got until finally you get what you're after lol.

Doesn't matter how many times you change your username or to what as it doesn't/shouldn't affect your sales.

But you know ebay want you to have a name that describes or shows what you are selling but that's just not necessary.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

if you change your ID your old ID will remain visible for 1 month. So anyone who clicks on your new ID will see your old ID and the date it was changed. I doubt it will make a lot of difference for you if you don't sell much.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Are you saying that you feel you no longer dazzle?

Well in my case I had to keep changing my user name until I got the one that I really wanted,because as you know there are users out there that always seem to have the name that you're after, so then you have to go with what you got until finally you get what you're after lol.

Doesn't matter how many times you change your username or to what as it doesn't/shouldn't affect your sales.

But you know ebay want you to have a name that describes or shows what you are selling but that's just not necessary.

I seem to have lost a lot of my dazzle... 😞

haha

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
if you change your ID your old ID will remain visible for 1 month. So anyone who clicks on your new ID will see your old ID and the date it was changed. I doubt it will make a lot of difference for you if you don't sell much.

Thanks, I didn't know the old username stayed visible.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Also, I think you'll find the ID history is always available to the right of a member's feedback page - there's a link to click on.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Your previous usernames (and the date you changed them) can always be accessed by clicking the appropriate link at the top right of your feedback page.  For the first 30 days after you change your username there'll be a small icon displayed next to your username - but most buyers won't even notice it, and so what if they do?  A small percentage may be suspicious but if they think about it they'll know that shonky sellers don't change their usernames, they create new ones.  If you don't have a string of negs nobody is going to take the slightest bit of notice.  The only time it doesn't pay to change your name too often is if you have buyers who are likely to look for you in the future.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Ah yes ....... a very important distinction to make .... good point.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply