Cheaper Postage with Tracking for small low value items

Hi All,

I am currently using Australia Post EP Parcel for all my shipments which also provides me with tracking to ensure it gets delivered. The cost comes around $6.88 + GST.

Is there any cheaper way to send small value goods with tracking? Kindly let me know if there is any possibility.

Regards

Thalha

aztonline

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, Registered post had tracking number, the cost is $3.50 on top of the postage.

I bought them in a box of 50, its cost $155 ($3.10 each)

Most of my items are sent as the large letter with registered label (With tracking number) , I used to sent without any tracking but lately just get sick of the buyers that tried to claim ....Item not receive...but i still risk to sent some of the low value items without tracking, if they claim to not receive it,,,, then its only small money to refund....

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

aps1080
Community Member

Unless you can post them as a letter ? (I post DVD's as letters in padded bags - $1.86 within Vic today)

I am in the same boat as you with an item which is just the wrong shape to be able to be sent as a letter.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. But letters do not get tracking isnt?

Regards

Thalha

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Items sent as letters (small or large) do not have tracking.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Do registered or express letters have tracking? Or is the number on a registered letter just for AP's purposes? It's been bleams since I sent (or received) something registered.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Express yes, all express posts have a number.

Registered I think so, I think you track it like Express but would need to check.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, Registered post had tracking number, the cost is $3.50 on top of the postage.

I bought them in a box of 50, its cost $155 ($3.10 each)

Most of my items are sent as the large letter with registered label (With tracking number) , I used to sent without any tracking but lately just get sick of the buyers that tried to claim ....Item not receive...but i still risk to sent some of the low value items without tracking, if they claim to not receive it,,,, then its only small money to refund....

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

sorry I meant to reply to aztonline lol ((;
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Hey Thanks,

I think I woud use the same. I also had the pain of item not received. I actually sent one item to the buyer a third time because the second time it was accidentally sent without tracking.

When you bought in bulk the total shipping cost was $3.10 or was it $3.10 on top of regular postage?

Regards

Thalha

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Just read you post again.. sorry for the questions.

Any ideas whats the cost of the express letters? and do they have tracking?

Regards

Thalha

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply