Click & Collect Woolworths Ambiguous

It's now 3 sales where I've filed an unpaid item claim only to get a message from the buyer thinking they can pay for the item at Woolworths when they collect their item - pay on pickup.

I know you can't make every system foolproof but there must be a way to inform buyers they can't pay on pickup.

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

I have never really thought about it as I do not currently offer it as a seller and would not need to use it as a buyer. I just flicked through a few listing and I do not find it hard to see how buyers would think they would be able to pay when the pick the item up and to be honest it would make sense if they did. I did not buy anything to test it out but if there is not a pop up informing the buyer they need to pay before the item/s are posted then it would be a good idea for eBay to add one.

Before anyone says they had no problem you need to understand people think and act differently and a system needs to consider that and a person should not be punished because they think different that is no good for buyers or sellers amdit really would be a very easy fix to add a pop up after the first time a buyer uses click and collect.

Message 11 of 51
Latest reply

After making my first post I thought I may of used click and collect so I went through my other account and checked and yes I did in June I bought a neck massager from Good Guys on Ebay and as a matter of fact I actually did pay for that in the shop when I picked it up. It is interesting,  to me anyway, that the good guys are no longer offering click and collect which to me says there was something wrong with the system if a large seller like them stopped using it.

Message 12 of 51
Latest reply

another great pick up  newdeals  its great to see  what could go posibly wrong with click&collect  woolies

we are all dierent we see things difrently .and as we all know buyers do not read eveything . in fact a few days ago i had a buyer from canada buy a $20 can of paint , and i have pick up only on all my listings, but says free pick-up , he then asked how much it woud cost to send,   i just said sorry we dont post that far.

Message 13 of 51
Latest reply

OMG I would never use this click and collect. There are just so many things that can go wrong. AP is bad enough without having another party in on the transaction as well.

Message 14 of 51
Latest reply

yes i can understand that , but at least dont you have to sign for it and bring in some id  to collect it, with so many parcels go missing all the time, is it not safer,  i mean my story alone even though not worth that much , there is no way it would of still being in my paper holder had i been an hour later , we get a school of kids going past then , for a start. blind freddy would of seen it.  twice 

Message 15 of 51
Latest reply

I also heard from a seller that the seller has to pay the postage to have it delivered to Woolies,well this seller had to anyway.

Message 16 of 51
Latest reply

there is a funny part with picking the item up from woolies.

imagine picking up your parcel a cook book for instance and you paid $30 all up  and net to the counter there is a big display of the same books for $20,    arg

Message 17 of 51
Latest reply

I have used click and collect as a buyer on numerous occassions and never had a problem,it costs nothing for postage and you just show them the msg on your phone from ebay with your pickup code.I like it.

Message 18 of 51
Latest reply

this click and send sounds fantastic

Message 19 of 51
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

"Cash on pick up" - clearly written right near  "click and collect at Woolworths / Big W", in all (?) your listings.

What else would that mean to a buyer, other than paying cash on pick up?

Its not the click and collect program thats the problem, its the ambiguity in your listings. Remove it, and I bet you stop having problems. 

Message 20 of 51
Latest reply