Click and Send satchels - proof of sending for sellers?

I have only used Click and Send a few times as a seller to send to buyers, but am starting to use more.

It has changed since I last used it.

I am just wondering what the proof of sending part is that I should retain as proof of sending for PAYPAL?

Under the old system when you printed the label you got a copy of the label and the post office stamped this, but now there is only one copy of the address label that you put on the parcel.

I was under the impression you filled out the SAME little registered post slip as you do for regular parcels but tick the box that says "Signature Item prepared through Click and Send", and Auspost stamp this. I have asked them to do this but many times they have said that it is ONLY for registered post, NOT for Click and Send.

There IS the option to pay for "signature on Delivery" with Click and Send and I am assuming this is the only time you can use the registered post slip, and tick that box, and then retain as proof of sending.

So, if you use Click and send WITHOUT paying extra for the signature on delivery (ie, just use standard Click and Send with tracking), is there NO proof of sending you can retain for Paypal purposes?

I have asked Auspost but they have no idea. They barely know how to process my Click and Send items as it is!

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

What I do is, when I go to print the label, save a copy of the pdf document that is generated - that will be proof that the postage was paid for, and that the address was the same as provided by the buyer on the payment notification.

You also need proof that the item was actually posted, so if you lodge over the counter and ensure it's scanned into the system, there will be a record of the article having been posted (there was some recent talk about lodgement receipts no longer being issued, which would be a document you can keep for as long as necessary and preferable to relying on online tracking events since they're only available for a limited time, but there is also a record a parcel's status in your C&S account, and you can  opt to subscribe to tracking events via email, which also gives you confirmation that you can keep for as long as necessary - I'd suggest 12 months).

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

citychic4you
Community Member

Australia Post is still issuing the receipts I sent 2 parcels yesterday no drama

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Yes I get the lodgement receipt, but this is not satifsfactory for Paypal. I need the date/post office stamp on something as well. At least I'm pretty sure I need it. I'd like to know if anyone has successfully won a paypal claim with a pdf or screen shot of their click and send label they sent, and the lodgement receipt from the post office?

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Are you using your own packaging or the ebay branded satchels? If your own packaging then you are not saving much money as you would probably need signature required, if you are using the ebay branded satchels then as long as they are lodged in over the counter and you either have a lodgement receipt or can check that the tracking is active that should be all you need.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Yes Ebay branded satchels. But the lodgement receipt doesn't show the address on it. I had thought Paypal need

A)

documentation that a parcel was lodged

B)

That the parcel lodged had the address of the buyer

If I was to submit a claim defence to Paypal, (using the lodgement receipt) - it does not show the address, only the item ID. So unless Paypal can check with Auspost that the parcel ID is linked with the buyer's address I would imagine Paypal wouldn't be satisfied. I doubt Paypal have time to do that. Hance why they usually want all the documentation upfront?

In theory, a pdf copy of the address label or screen shot, could be altered digitally. Hence why the ink date stamp (manually performed by Auspost staff) on parcel lodgement documentation that contains the buyers address is a superior option?

All annoying pedantic, but perhaps similar to what JPs do when they verify documents?

I've NEVER had a claim, just trying to cover myself and do things correctly.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Click and Send has been approved by Paypal as a seller protection compliant postage method, so presumably a scanning event (which doesn't HAVE to be lodgement) plus a copy of the address label is sufficient.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

In theory, a pdf copy of the address label or screen shot, could be altered digitally. Hence why the ink date stamp (manually performed by Auspost staff) on parcel lodgement documentation that contains the buyers address is a superior option?

PayPal have to worry about theory - anything can be altered and I suspect they are aware of that. If they're smart, they do more than check the addressee text on the labels because there is far more information on them than just the name and address. My PO occasionally hands over stamped registered post lodgement forms blank, just so they don't hold up the other customers waiting in line while I fill it out, so JMO a C&S label is a more trustworthy proof than a registered post lodgement form. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

It would have to be same suburb anyway I presume. The barcode and that little box up the top right contain a mass of info. Presumably that is what is used to route the item until it gets to the postie and if you alter that it is unlikely to get anywhere.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

okay that all makes sense. I might stop doing the slips and asking for the postmark. I'll just get the lodgement receipt and save the pdf of the address label. I'll probably never need them but if I do I will then find out if it's enough for paypal! I never have major expensvie items anyway, so yeah, I should probably stop stressing. Thanks all for your help. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply