Create offers for your watchers

I just had this message about a new health check issue, but it seems there was no issue at all, so how do I make an offer to my watchers?Clipboarder.2019.03.12.png

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I had the same message from eBay.

Like the Good til cancelled message, it gives the idea ti sellers but is very light on facts.

I just did a mental eye roll and moved on.

I have no idea how to make an offer to a watch when I have no idea who it is. And eBay isn't telling at the moment!! LOL

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

As sellers, if we wanted offers at a price lower than the listed price, we'd tick the box.

Maybe we should make an offer 50% HIGHER and see what happens ๐Ÿ˜„
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Actually that has been available for some time in the Selling Overview page

Ebay selects a few of your items that have watchers - I don't know why they don't choose them all - and you have the option to make an offer to all watchers - yes they are anonymous to you - but  they get the offer okay.      If they reply, then of course you find out who they are.

I tried a couple just to see what would happen.

And then against your selling page - on the right - you can see against the item - Review All Offers.

Most watchers are not real buyers though, I reckon.   Just tyre-kickers.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you for the information.

Now I know why I get offers on items that don't have the  best offer box ticked.

Agree with you about most watchers..I sometimes feel they may be other sellers just checking to see if an item sells and what for what price.

Thanks again!        

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@the4masters2013 wrote:

Thank you for the information.

Now I know why I get offers on items that don't have the  best offer box ticked.

no sorry that's a different thing again.     These days, even if you have not listed the item with best offer, in the "contact seller" menu ebay has decided to put something like "the seller has not listed this with best offer, but maybe willl accept an offer - why not email the seller with your best price?"

This is why you get unsolicited offers.

Here is the direct quote:  

• How do I make an offer?
    The seller hasn't enabled offers for this item. See if they'll consider one โ€“ send a message with your best price.
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

From what I can understand it is only for a business seller through Seller Hub.

"Weโ€™re rolling out this feature to Seller Hub sellers in phases and we expect โ€œOffer to buyersโ€ to be available to all business sellers by April 2019".

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

The "Send Offer" flags  have been appearing on about 2/3rds of my "Watched" lots (seemingly chosen at random) in My Ebay Active for a couple of weeks, but not on my Seller Hub listings that I have been able to see.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I'm curious as to how these offers look to the buyers.

Do they actually get a message in their inbox to say the seller is making an offer?

Or does it show on the actual ad?

The reason I ask is there have been a couple of things I have been watching & they have prices of course but then there is some print just under it which says something like "This can be yours for (x dollars cheaper), click here to see how" and it gives a code to type in if you buy.

I have just assumed that those must be ebay wide discounts but it just occurred to me maybe that is how the best offers show? I don't know.

I have to admit, a bit of a discount being offered on an item is tempting, but it comes down to whether a person needs an item or not, I suppose.

I am not sure if a lot of people here would be using it, but there is a reward program that pays you a small % back of every purchase at absolutely hundreds of places-almost every business real & online that you can name, as long as you log on to the shop via the reward site. Ebay is one of the sites where a cash back reward was offered (on purchases over $50) but is currently not offering any cash back.

My guess is the cash back was being paid by ebay, not sellers.

I'm not saying sellers should offer discounts, just that buyers when they compare prices might factor any discounts in.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

The reason I ask is there have been a couple of things I have been watching & they have prices of course but then there is some print just under it which says something like "This can be yours for (x dollars cheaper), click here to see how" and it gives a code to type in if you buy.

This message is entirely different I reckon - part of an ebay promotion - 10% off 5% off etc.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply