Credit Card Chargback

I had a buyer about 2 months ago order an item for about $7 and I got a chargeback thing for the transaction through paypal. I decided to fight it as it was for an unauthorised use of a Card (not realising it actually cost me $15 to do so by paypal). I stated in my claim that it was paypals and the banks fault because they initially allowed the fraudulent transaction. I had no proof of shipping an item or anything.

Anyway I won (after about 2 months) and they only refunded me the $7 and not the $15 fee paypal charge. Shouldn't the bank  or paypal pay the $15 fee as they have admitted they are in the wrong by refunding me.

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Credit Card Chargback

I forgot to add that the $15 fee was apparently for paypal to fight the claim with the bank.

Message 2 of 56
Latest reply

Credit Card Chargback

I would leave well alone, personally I would have authorised the refund of $7 straight away if I had no proof of posting to Paypal's standard, it is very unusual for Paypal to fight a chargeback unless you insist and the cost of that insistance is $15. They will usually either refund from your account or from their own pocket if you have seller protection. Are you sure they did actually fight and win the chargeback dispute or are they just giving you a discretionary rerfund? 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 56
Latest reply

Credit Card Chargback

Paypal froze the funds and then I could supply further info like a tracking number. They took the money  as I didn't have tracking. They said I could apply through paypal to fight it with the bank, which paypal decided to do, that is what the $15 fee is for.

I think the bank refunded it, the shipment wasn't being disputed. I just think the bank should cover this extra cost.

Message 4 of 56
Latest reply

Credit Card Chargback

paypal.JPG

Message 5 of 56
Latest reply

Credit Card Chargback

paypal2.JPG

Message 6 of 56
Latest reply

Credit Card Chargback

Paypal said the fee would be waived but it wasn't

Message 7 of 56
Latest reply

Credit Card Chargback

I can't work out what is going on in the paypal transaction. By the looks of it I am out of pocket for the 6.90 also

Message 8 of 56
Latest reply

Credit Card Chargback

By fee they mean the 30c+2.4%

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 56
Latest reply

Credit Card Chargback

They reimbursed $6.43, then took $21.90, then reimbursed $6.90.

So you are out $8.57.

Message 10 of 56
Latest reply