DUPLICATE LISTING AND ACCOUNT SUSPENSION - NEW SELLERS BEWARE!!

natz2019
Community Member

We are a new eBay seller. We are trying to fix a problem with duplicate listings. eBay has decided to put our account on hold with not much warning. we have been ringing them almost daily to try and resolve the issue without much luck.

They assisted us at first (by taking account off hold) so we could try and fix our api feed. However they slapped our account on hold whilst we were trying to fix the issue. Now we are getting told that we have to wait a month until we can re-list and then from there we only have a week to fix the issue until. it seem totally backwards and crazy - how are u meant to fix something if u cant access it.

eBay needs to fix this policy as most of its sellers are small businesses trying to do the right thing. Secondly for Google (which own eBay) being such a large multinational company, I think they should have call centres in each country as I'm finding the call centre staff quiet varied in there level of service and understanding of the English language (e.g. eBay Australia - use Australian call centre etc etc)

I do hope that eBay reviews there duplicate listing policy as I'm quiet frustrated by the situation as both myself and my developer were trying our best to resolve the issue and then to get slapped with a 1 month ban and then only given 1 week again to fix the issue, until which the account will get put on hold again for one month. 

At this rate we will have our api feed commissioned in 2025. eBay you need to improve this policy, provide better customer service and be more tolerant towards new sellers (especially since ecommerce is booming in Australia). After all sellers are the one providing the buyers with more product selection.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

to be quite honest, it sounds like your developer doesn't know what he is doing. if he/she can't find the problem within a week, you need a new developer. it should be a reasonably simple issue - and shouldn't take thousands of listings to identify the problem, it should only take one. if necessary, seek professional help from a company of someone who has used an API feed on ebay before and get them to look over where it is going wrong in the 1 week grace period that you have.  

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Google owns eBay? I hope not, that would be an absolute nightmare, they already killed what used to be the "You" in YouTube. When they banned me from accessing my videos because I refused to switch to a Google Plus account (right in the midst of it being the most insecure and infamous social media platform on the planet no less) that was the end. A Google-owned eBay would have nothing but department stores and still require a Google account just to access the site in order to buy things.
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

If Google owns eBay, maybe you might be best contacting them instead. Being the parent company, they should be able to override anything eBay does. Do it now, then you should be back up and running within the hour!

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply