Delaying shipping with eBay postage label

benjals
Community Member

Hi,

I've just sold an item and the buyer has paid for the item + shipping and left a note that he doesn't want me to ship it out until the middle of next week as he won't be home during the start of the week.

This is fine with me, but I use the eBay shipping labels and was just wondering if it's fine for me to buy the label now but just wait until next week to go and drop it off at the post office? I have noticed as soon as you generate a label the item gets marked as shipped, but I just want to make sure I'm not going to have any issues from eBay for not shipping the item immediately.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since it's already Friday, even if you buy the label now, you won't post until Monday and depending on your location and the buyers location, you're looking at 5-8 business days at least, so he won't get it until the week after.

Just be aware of some buyers who ask to have an item shipped later than your handling time and then open a case for Not Received as they will use the later shipping date against you to try and win a case. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Since it's already Friday, even if you buy the label now, you won't post until Monday and depending on your location and the buyers location, you're looking at 5-8 business days at least, so he won't get it until the week after.

Just be aware of some buyers who ask to have an item shipped later than your handling time and then open a case for Not Received as they will use the later shipping date against you to try and win a case. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Alright awesome thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

It depends on your handling time. If you don't have a scan within that time you will automatically get a late shipping defect from eBay.

I would be posting, over the counter, on the last day. If it gets to the buyer before they are home that is their bad luck. They can go to their local Post Office to pick it up.

Only mugs use eBay shipping. AP MyPost Business is almost always cheaper.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply