Do customers using Afterpay have to check out and pay for each item each item separately.

A customer has told me that in my store each item has to be checked out and paid for separately when she uses Afterpay and items cannot be combined for cheaper postage.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Do customers using Afterpay have to check out and pay for each item each item separately.

...should be nothing to do with Afterpay....she needs to use the cart...or.....she has immediate payment required in HER preferences. She should be able to use the 'cart' and then ask for a combined invoice

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@mitzimoo_au wrote:

A customer has told me that in my store each item has to be checked out and paid for separately when she uses Afterpay and items cannot be combined for cheaper postage.

A credit history has to be established.

Quoting from afterpay's website:

If you attempt to place multiple purchases straight away that will be a major red flag and your purchases will be declined. The longer you are with us, spending responsibly and making payments on time, your spending limits will likely increase and you will hopefully be able to carry out more orders at one time.

So the buyer is just following protocol. The best way around it would be direct refunding some postage, withholding some to cover your extra fees as they currently stand. So long as you don't end up out of pocket

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply