Dodgy BMX Buyer..<Removed> aka ebay user name <Removed>

Had a bad experience selling an old school pair of bmx wheels recently..

Had pair of wheels on ebay auction, buyer wanted me to end listing early so he could get them cheaper than what they were worth, I politely responded to him with "sorry no I will let auction run it's course".

He then went silent and when the auction had finished I sent the winner the payment and pickup information and realised it was him, he then responded with, "sorry I don't want the item any more".... 

He deliberately bought the item with no intention of paying for it, just to muck me around and have the last word, he has been reported to ebay for fraudulent and malicous buying, does ebay take this sort of thing seriously because my wheels sold for $320 and in my experience over the last 10 years on ebay I find buyers don't take up 2nd chance offers, it's a pain because you have to give them up to 2 days to respond, whilst your item sits there.. In some cases genuine buyers and bidders have purchased elsewhere or think when they see the item relisted that there's something fishy going on with sale or the seller, when in fact it's the buyers like this bloke who stuff up, the only way I can get my listing fees refunded is if I send him an unpaid item strike, but you can't do this for 4 days, then i think he has another 4 days to respond, so it's 8 days before you can relist the item and sell it.. TERRIBLE..

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Unfortunately all you can do is go down the NPB path then if he doesn't pay he'll get a well-deserved strike against his account.

It's a pain having to wait the 8 days but that's the way the system works.

Make sure you add his ID to your blocked bidder list.

Seems to like leaving negs as well...............................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Even uses  "what the........."  in a positive. No priviledges for this buyer.

vo2, definitely issue a strike he seems to deserve.

If you think there is no way the buyer will pay, you can relist early and make sure your first buyer is blocked.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

do a unpaid item report on him

add him to your blocked list

if you had other bidders do a second chance offer adding a message saying the winning bidder failed to pay

if you do have to relist put a message into the description area that its relisted because of idiot non paying buyer

good luck

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

do a unpaid item report on him

add him to your blocked list

if you had other bidders do a second chance offer adding a message saying the winning bidder failed to pay

if you do have to relist put a message into the description area that its relisted because of idiot non paying buyer

good luck

David, I've got a feeling that might be a listing policy breach, if it is then best not to do it (it could be a breach, only if you name the buyer - wiser heads than mine will confirm that one.)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

well if it is a breach, remove the 'idiot.

besides that there is nothing untrue in the statment.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I didn't see who the buyer was before the mods removed the details, but if what Padi said is true and they like leaving negs, there's a reasonably high chance they'll try and neg you when you open the dispute. If that does happen, as soon as you close the dispute, get on the phone to eBay (request a call back), ask to speak to a supervisor and ask them to remove it. Don't reply to it, just eBay to remove it. They should as it falls under one of the reasons why bad feedback can be removed.

If they have messaged you and bought from 2 separate accounts, make sure you add both accounts to your blocked buyer list.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I've had good luck with second chance offers.

Maybe put the offer out or message the other bidders explaining the winner is not paying and they can purchase soon or the item is going to be relisted.

Strike soon, before interest is lost.

You shouldn't be focused on the NPB, but on the other bidders.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply