EBay is now issuing refunds to buyers even though item has not been returned?

EBay is now issuing refunds to buyers even though items have not being returned.

I feel so let down.

I have a buyer who was nt happy with her item and asked if she could return it, no problem we said, still waiting for item to be return? Just receive a notice from EBay saying they have ruled in the buyers favour.

EBay has now given my buyer a full refund and gets to keep the item.

Why are buyers allowed to keep items and not have to return?

Why are sellers penalized?

Why is it all for the buyers?

This is going to open the flood gates to buyers to open disputes without having to be accountable for returning items. Especially if its as easy as saying they don't want the item?

As a seller we consistently have to send items with tracking as proof as delivery.

I have just tried to send an appeal and surprise it wont send, just another glitch.

Sorry feeling very let down.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Then you should have been jumping up and down to AP.....the contractor should have been disciplined.   That sort of "unsafe" dropping does not follow the AP guidelines.

I do know that ebay guidelines accept that Delivered is Delivered somewhere.   I was just trying to steer the OP in the direction of where their item may be.  Just checking at the PO is a lot less stressful than fighting ebay.

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

jefobr-76
Community Member
Hi i’m a buyer and i was taken for my items and my money NO REFUND AFTER 30 days what happened to money back guarantee we’ll it doesn’t exist does it now
Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

It clearly tells you the time limit for eBay's MBG - up to 30 days after the final ETA of the item. If you have passed that time then go to Paypal and you have 180 days after the purchase date to open a dispute. This presumes you paid by Paypal.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

peeg-1695
Community Member

Why are eBay employees all such criminals?

By all outward appearances, it appears as though having a criminal record is a requirement to work for the San Jose-based criminal enterprise.

@pictureierfect987 get used to it if you intend to continue selling here. Ebay HATES sellers. It's part of their California mentality that states that sellers = "the rich", which to them is a bad thing, and the fact that ebay sellers are rarely as affluent as the buyers is disregarded altogether. Even though they themselves are really "the rich," they've never thought of themselves that way and never learned how to think in the first place, so they believe whatever they're told to believe by a handful of communist leaders across the globe.

And now that you've spoken out against them, you're pretty much phuqued. You're on the list and they won't stop until you either quit selling or die, whichever comes first.

Remember this is the company whose CEO and Board held meetings planning out the cyberstalking of a woman, and had low-level employees mail her boxes of live cockroaches and drop off bloody pig's heads on her doorstop. The entry-level kid who was just following orders fell on the sword and is now serving 18 months while the CEO whose idea it was wasn't even fired and got to keep his golden parachute. You must understand that that is eBay culture or you will misinterpret all other data about eBay the organization.

Ebay is a company comprised of sadists who can't keep their fetishes confined to their own bedrooms. They're that guy that uses roofies to have his way with whatever man or woman he so desires. He's a monster, but it's his inner insecurity and fear of rejection that set him down the path to becoming a rapist. They know USPS tracking doesn't work. They know their own tracking doesn't work. So wouldn't it make sense to put a moratorium on making decisions about when to issue refunds given there's no way to know for sure either way?

Ebay international shipping labels don't offer tracking, although eBay still gives refunds to buyers who claim not to have received the item. This would be fine with me if it was their own money used to issue the refund, but they've been stealing the money from sellers like the owner of this shop specializing in collectible banknotes from exotic currencies  like the Iraqi dinar, Vietna... . He's a 39 year old husband and father who is just trying to feed his family. To hear his story is horrifying. What Ebay has done to him is criminal, and the people responsible for making some of the decisions that have been made solely for the purposes of victimizing him need to see prison time as a result.

The seller referenced above is a good man. The only bad experience I had on eBay was with a shipment I really and truly never received --- from a different seller from the one referenced above --- that tracking never even showed had shipped, and seller worldcurrencyandcoin out of Singapore sent me an empty envelope and took his time mailing it so by the time I received it eBay had closed the case in favor of the criminal. That seems to be ebay employees' only directives in a dispute: side with whichever party is wrong.

Below is a screenshot of what he said he'd send me:

What he said he was sending meWhat he said he was sending me

What he actually sent me: 

What he actually sent meWhat he actually sent me

I have it on good authority that the seller being targeted for harassment, abuse, grand theft, wire fraud and larceny by eBay employees is in contact with a major publication that has agreed to run his story, and I also know about something else he has planed that may just end eBay as a company. If he's able to pull it off it'll bring their stock to zero.

Pray for that man. He fights for us all.

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

agcam
Community Member

I am P****D off with ebay. Buyer opened a case even though I had every intention of refunding buyer who had a very weak nit picking  complaint. Buyer was refunded by ebay after I had been paid out.  I sent buyer a prepaid return satchel at buyer's request and have not received item and buyer won't answer my messages. I now  note that eBAY  will be deducting the refund made to the purchaser from my next payout. I have paid two lots  of postage,and ebay fees  to the total of $35 and  the buyer will have paid nothing and has my sterling silver necklace worth about $65 plus a couple of freebees I gave her. Unconscionable !!! eBay message said I was not at fault in the matter 

I have a listing ending tonight - i will probably be cancelling it today to thwart the payout to eBAY and will be cancelling my ebay membership

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

Apart from the fact this is an 8 year old thread.

We already know of your sending a return satchel in an untracked envelope.

Big mistake.

Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply