Ebay Satchel 500grams

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Just wanting to sort out some confusion I have with satchels.

I have some spare Ebay satchels labelled "up to 500grms".  Can I use it for the small satchel price up to 5kg, as I have to post something that weighs 1kg, as the up to 500gms option doesn't exist anymore.

Or would I have to buy the proper up to 5kg satchel from the post office.

I haven't used the Ebay satchels for a while, don't know if they still exist, or have they been rebranded for use up to 5kg?

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebay Satchel 500grams

Unless they have changed in the last week, yes, you can still use the small eBay satchels for up to 5kg.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay Satchel 500grams

Unless they have changed in the last week, yes, you can still use the small eBay satchels for up to 5kg.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Satchel 500grams

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much *tippy*toes*!

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Satchel 500grams

cezm
Community Member

Yes, you can still use them. I am using satchels from the $6+ days! The PO gave me a box of tracking numbers to attach to the satchels.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Satchel 500grams

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome cezm!  Thanks for your reply too.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Satchel 500grams

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello

I have some spare Ebay satchels labelled "up to 500grms".  Can I use it for the small satchel price up to 5kg, as I have to post something that weighs 1kg, as the up to 500gms option doesn't exist anymore.

I haven't used the Ebay satchels for a while, don't know if they still exist, or have they been rebranded for use up to 5kg?

Only if it's a standard satchel. I have an old platinum express satchel, they told me that had to stay under 500g

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Satchel 500grams

It's fine to use the old ones - I still have some of the old '3kg' versions that I use from time to time.

The new ones have just been rebranded due to AP's pricing structure changing, but as they're literally just packaging - no postage included - you can use them how you want. It's a plastic bag with a handy label window built in.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Satchel 500grams

@11dustyattic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello

Only if it's a standard satchel. I have an old platinum express satchel, they told me that had to stay under 500g

eBay satchels don't include postage - it's just branded packaging - that's the difference. Your Platinum Express Satchel includes pre-paid postage. Even if it were a 'Regular Post' one, I imagine the 500g limit would still apply if it were purchased before AP introduced the blanket 5kg weight allowance.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Satchel 500grams

@tazzieterror wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello

eBay satchels don't include postage - it's just branded packaging - that's the difference. Your Platinum Express Satchel includes pre-paid postage. Even if it were a 'Regular Post' one, I imagine the 500g limit would still apply if it were purchased before AP introduced the blanket 5kg weight allowance.

Oops missed that, ebay satchels, however the old AP 

prepaid 500g satchels can now be used up to 5kg. Like I said, regular or express, just not platinum

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay Satchel 500grams

Ah ok, thank you for clarifying, dusty.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply